2

The next morning John B and Liz were forced to go to the DCS office to have an 'important conversation' with some lady

The next morning John B and Liz were forced to go to the DCS office to have an 'important conversation' with some lady. Now the two teens sat slouched in office chairs staring in boredom at the brunette lady in front of them. Liz was wearing a baby blue tank top with tan cargo shorts. John B on the other hand was wearing a faded light yellow graphic tee with some random shorts he found in a pile in his room.

"It has come to my attention that you are both unemancipated minors living on your own." John B rolled his eyes at the women. Elizabeth just kept her expression neutral she was too focused on getting out of the boring office. Her leg bounced up and down rapidly she couldn't stand being forced to sit still.

"No...no." John denied shaking his head. The lady gave him an unbelieving pointed look. "No." He stated more confidently looking into her eyes.

"I need honesty to help you guys. That's what we want, right?" She asked looking between the siblings.

"Yeah." They both said.

"I'm being honest." John B added.

"Okay, then when was the last time you spoke to your uncle?" The women wrote on a paper glancing up to look specifically at Elizabeth.

The girl huffed looking down at her nonexistent watch. "uh about 34 minutes ago." She shrugged.

"The last time you saw him?"

"Two hours and..43 minutes ago?" The girl quickly spoke back playing with one of the many friendship bracelets on her left wrist. The woman sighed.

"Okay, we're going to come out there tomorrow to talk to your uncle. If he's not there we're gonna move forward with foster care. " The lady looked at John B. His heart dropped to his chest as he stared at the woman. If he had to leave his home then how would he know when his father got home? Elie could be separated from him it happens all the time.

Elizabeth could sense her brother's anxiety. She gently intertwined their pinkies no words needed to be said. It was there thing, they always had been attached at the hip. Simple eye contact or touch could say a lot between the pair.
"I want to assure you, we're going to find you both a safe and loving home." Without another word, the sibling left the office quickly heading to meet up with their friends.

"Don't worry John B. We will figure it out." Elizabeth softly spoke up once the two were in the van.

"Always such an optimist." He laughed reaching over to ruffle her hair.

+OBX+

Two days later the Routledges walked around their house, the Chateau, looking at all the damage Hurricane Agatha had done to the property. Liz frowned kicking some branches away.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ stood on the porch leaning against the rail, chugging a beer. He had many problems at home the main one being his drug addicted abusive father. The Routledge family had been more than welcome to let JJ stay at the Chateau whenever he wanted. The 3 kids grew up like a close-knit family they would do anything for each other.