3

After finding the Routledge father's compass in the boat Liz had to process that maybe just maybe their father could still be out there

After finding the Routledge father's compass in the boat Liz had to process that maybe just maybe their father could still be out there. She knew more the anything that without their father John B was struggling deeply. Of course she loved and missed her father too but she knew her brother needed this. He needed to know if Big John was still out there or dead. The siblings became more determined than ever to prove their father was still alive. This mystery had gotten a whole lot more personal.

John B and Liz were napping on the pull out couch both of their limps tangled together as they fought over the blanket in their sleep. John B had came home a few hours ago from dropping the scuba gear off at the Camerons yacht telling Liz about how Sarah Cameron had caught him but she promised not to tell her father. Liz didn't know Sarah very well only the gossip she heard from Kie, the two are ex best friends. As far as Liz is concerned Sarah Cameron is a spoiled little brat just like her brother Rafe.

"DCS OPEN UP!" someone yelled followed by banging at the window. Liz shot up resulting to her slamming onto the floor. Laughing was quickly heard outside. The siblings looked up to see JJ outside with an amused smile on his face. "You should have seen your face!" JJ taunted from outside.

Liz stood up groaning while rubbing her now sore back. "Fuck you JJ."

+OBX+

The trio drove the Twinkie to talk to Lana Grubbs, Scooter Grubbs's wife about the compass being in his boat. Liz was trapped listening to the boys talk once again about Kie. She lay on the floor of the van with an oversized t-shirt and tight jean shorts. She was only saved when the trio reached her house walking towards the front door.

"You know what this house looks like? Someone who smoked too much weed lives here." JJ sat.

"Of course you would know." Liz looked at the small one-level home that was covered in weeds and wines. The shattering of glass caused the teens to pause. They heard yelling followed by loud thuds and more glass shattering.

"Maybe we should come back" JJ spoke up. Liz narrowed her eyes at the house growing increasingly worried.

"No no, shut up." Liz pushed past the boys carefully approaching the house.

"Tell me where it is?" A man yelled from within the house. They heard Ms. Lana yelling in pure terror as the man threatened her. Liz clenched her fist her stomach churning uncomfortably.

"You're hurting me!" Ms. Lana yelled. Liz looked back at the two boys as they all flinched from the crashes. She specifically saw the way JJ cringed back in fear. She grabbed her best friend's hand gently. John B led them forward, the teens crouching outside the window listening to the commotion inside. 

"The compass wasn't in the boat! Where is it, Lana?" Liz looked over at her brother knowing he had to compass in his shorts pocket at that very moment. The siblings thoughts raced on why the compass could be some important.