6

Liz decided to head home the next afternoon

Liz decided to head home the next afternoon. She didn't want to be a bother to the Heyward's but she also wanted to wait around until either JJ or John B bothered to show up. She hugged herself comfortably feeling the weight of her anxiety kick in. The siblings were rarely apart for more than a few hours but it had been 2 days. She really really missed her brother.

She was barely even close to the house when she saw a figure walking not too far in front of her. It took her only a second to recognize the dark blue aloha shirt, yellow shorts, topped with a pink snapback, and the same green cameo backpack she last saw him in. "John B!?" She asked, barely a whisper.

He whipped his head around to see his little sister. She wore a yellow aloha shirt and black shorts. Her curly hair framed her face. He smiled in relief regretting every leaving her.

She grinned brightly. She ran up to him tackling him into a bone crushing hug hug. She gripped the back of his shirt tightly, not wanting to let go.

He grinned holding her just as tight. "Elie I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you walk off that day." He said, softly.

"Don't JB I'm just really glad you're back. Things have been wild lately." She whispered back, nuzzling her head in his shoulder.

Suddenly they were grabbed from behind. Liz was quick to elbow whoever grabbed them in the gut making them double over. John B wrestled the attacker to the ground getting ready to swing his fist down.

Liz's eyes widen seeing the familiar messy blonde hair of JJ. "Wait!" She grabbed John B's elbow.

"It's me, JJ. Stop, stop, stop, stop." JJ pushed John B's chest away.

"What are you doing bro?" John B asked. JJ grabbed the boy again and covered his mouth with his hand. Liz stared at the scene in confusion about why her best friend was pinning her brother to the wall of the shed.

"Should I leave you two alone?"

"Shhh!" JJ shushed her with a glare. He pulled the siblings behind the kayak rack pointing towards a black car parked on the opposite side of the road facing the chateau. "See that? They're watching us, okay?"

Liz squinted trying to see who was inside the car. "Who?" John B asked.

"I don't know. Let's go sneak around the dock." JJ suggested. The 'nothing to lose' trio walked around through the marsh water. They held their bookbags on their heads not wanting them to get soaked. "Wait." JJ stuck his arm out. Liz yelped quietly when she kept walking his hand smacking her in the stomach. "You got the keys to the Pogue?" He turned to John B.

"Yeah." The continued walking through the water. Liz lagged behind. Being 5 foot the water was almost to her stomach and it was making it very hard for her to walk. They finally reached the HMS Pogue, driving away unnoticed.

+OBX+

The first thing Liz and JJ did after they arrived on some random strip of the island was tell John B all that had happened while he was gone. "First, I almost got strangled to death by Kooks, and now I'm on the hook for 30 grand." JJ finished off the story. He leaned against some rock. Liz whistled in awe at the large sum of money. She sat above him on the rocks facing John B who sat on a large boulder.