7

Liz had to admit being thrust into a new family suddenly was a bit overwhelming, especially with a big Kook family whose daughter she had barely had conversations with in her entire life that didn't involve a fight or argument

Liz had to admit being thrust into a new family suddenly was a bit overwhelming, especially with a big Kook family whose daughter she had barely had conversations with in her entire life that didn't involve a fight or argument. Liz sat in the back of Ward Cameron's red convertible. John B sat in the passenger seat. They looked outside admiring the large garden outside of Tannyhill, Cameron's large mansion estate. Liz held her pink bookbag packed with a bunch of clothes tightly to her chest. In a way, she felt that by moving in with the Cameron's she was disrespecting her inner Pogue.

Her eyes shifted to look at the approaching white house. It was so huge it practically loomed over their car. When the convertible came to a stop Ward looked at the siblings. "Welcome home." He said simply. They both nodded getting out of the car.

Walking into the house they are immediately greeted by an overly excited Sarah. She beamed at the siblings leading them up the stairs of the large house. Liz simply ignored the girl she didn't want Sarah to get any crazy ideas that she wanted to be a part of her little kook life. Instead, she silently looked around admiring the large pieces of art on the walls and the different sculptures.

"This is John B's room!" Sarah stopped walking, gesturing to a large room. John B walked in gasping in disbelief. Liz followed right behind him not believing this single-person room was bigger than the entire chateau.

"It's not too shabby, huh?" Sarah followed behind them. John B threw his stuff onto the bed looking at the orange walls of the room paired with green curtains. Liz bit her tongue not wanting to seem rude by commenting on the weird color schemes and accents in the room.

"Yeah. Not too shabby at all." He laid down on his side looking at Sarah.

Liz shuffled uncomfortably tightening her grip on her pink bookbag straps.

"So... where's my room?" Liz asked, bouncing on the balls of her feet. Sarah turned around to face Liz who had been standing near the door. She had forgotten about the younger girl who had been silent since they stepped into the house.

"Right across the hall, I figured you too didn't want to be far from each other." She gave Liz a small smile.

"Thanks," Liz said dryly, giving her an unimpressed look. She turned on her heel heading across the hall.

"She'll warm up." Was the last thing she heard from John B when she walked into the room.

Unlike her brother's room, this room was a light shade of pink accompanied by light accents of white on the curtains, bedframe, and bedside tables. She couldn't help but smile seeing the pictures of the sea on the wall.

"It's beautiful isn't it." A voice suddenly interrupted her thoughts. Liz jumped with a yelp spinning around. Ward leaned against the doorframe of the room giving her a knowing look.

"I have another daughter a year or two younger than you so I figured you would take a liking to this room. " He said. Liz sat her bag on the bed walking around the bed to sit at the foot of it.