10

Elizabeth started to panic she pulled at the door of the van trying to get it to unlock

Elizabeth started to panic she pulled at the door of the van trying to get it to unlock. She couldn't leave Sarah and John B out there after Rafe just shot Peterkin.

The wounded woman lay on the ground coughing barely clinging onto life. John B ran forward crouching in front of her. "Hey. Hey. Hold still. It's okay. Where is it?" He tore the bandana off his neck using it to stop the blood from flowing out. He didn't know if it was working but he had to try to save this woman's life. She had tried to look after his family and help them avoid foster care it was the least he could do. "I'm sorry."

Sarah fell to the ground sobbing as she watched the Sheriff struggle to remain alive right in front of her.

"Call... Call for help." Peterkin rasped out between struggled pants. John B grabbed her radio.

"Hey!" Rafe yelled pointing the gun at the boy.

"Rafe no!" Ward stood up.

"Don't try it asshole." Rafe walked closer, pressing the gun to his head.

Elizabeth screamed kicking at the door. Tears blurred her eyes as she pulled against the crappy old van door screaming a million curses as she tried to get out. A woman was dying out there and she couldn't get out of the fucking car.

"John B give me the radio." Ward walked up to him.

"No." John B glared. He couldn't allow them to et away with this. Peterkin needed help, Ward and Rafe needed to be put in prison.

"Come on. Give me the damn radio." Ward leaned down snatching it out of John B's hand that wasn't applying pressure to the sheriff's wound. Rafe held the gun up again but Ward stepped in front of it. "Rafe I got it put the gun down, Rafe, put it down." He pushed his son back away from the dying woman.

"Run," Peterkin whispered to John B.

"I'm not leaving you." He whispered holding back his tears as he looked into this dying woman's eyes. He looked up at Ward and Rafe who were arguing then back at Peterkin.

"Run!" She whispered again.

"I'm sorry." His voice broke as he stood up.

Elizabeth rammed her injured shoulder into the passenger side window. The loud shattering of glass rang throughout the runway. She clambered her way out the window. The broken glass sank into her arms as she pulled her self through the small window then scraped against her legs as she awkwardly made her escape. Finally making it onto the concrete run way she ran towards John B who was already he sprinting towards her. "Go!" He screamed.

Sarah grabbed Rafe's shoulders stopping him from coming after them. They ran over to a field right beside the runway. Ignoring the crimson blood dripping down her arms- especially on her shoulder Elizabeth forced herself to run as fast as she could. Her legs pumped her faster than John B but he was close behind. Seconds later they disappeared into the tree line leaving the Kooks behind.