Chapters 1-4

Part 4

The Prisoner

1.Climb On Up

The next morning I sleepily got out from under the branches and stumbled the whole way to the hotel. I walked into my room and laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. “James!” Robi yelled from the hall.

“In here,” I roared and she peeked around the rim of the door.

“Come on, sleepy-head. We need to go,” she cheered as she now leaned against the door frame.

“Go where?” I asked as I slid off the bed and slipped on a clean shirt.

“There is a zoo a couple miles away that we need to check out,” she answered as she grabbed my left hand and pulled me outside to the car.

“Who is driving?” I asked as I saw no one in the driver's seat and only Billy in the car; and he was defiantly not going to drive.

“Me!” she roared as she jingled the keys; then we climbed in. She drove the car carefully as John followed us in the truck.

When we got there, we walked through the entrance gate with blue collars and bands in our hands. John led us to the monkey exhibit and the zookeeper let us into their cages. “Hello. Can all of you gather here?” Billy roared and the monkeys quickly gathered at our feet, very curious.

The monkeys screeched and howled before Robi mewed, “If you don't understand him then you may leave.” She pointed at me and all the monkeys became silent.

Making sure I was loud, I said in English, “Hi. How are you?” Only three monkeys stayed and they clung tightly to another. “What are your names?”

“I'm Tom Ricky. This is my sister, Tilly Ricky, and my wife, Kelly Merchet,” the male monkey screeched as he used his tail to point at who he said. “And you are?”

“Tom! It is me, James!” I roared happily as I stared at the male monkey.

“You were turned back?” he howled as he climbed up my clothes. “Wait? How can you speak with me then?”

“It is only temporary that is why I can still speak with you,” I purred as I reached up and grabbed his tail. “We have a friend who is working on the formula.”

“So cool!” he screeched in my ear and I purred.

“Are you going to change us back?” Tilly asked as she climbed up onto my right shoulder and I winced.

“Yes, my dear,” Robi purred as she gently removed Tilly from my shoulder to hers.

“Kelly. You can climb up here.” Billy touched his shoulder. “We are going to take you to a friend, but he can't understand you,” Billy mewed; so Kelly climbed up his clothes before we took them to John outside. He paid the zookeeper before taking the three monkeys to the truck.

2.I Know You

“Any more?” I questioned as Robi now led us around the zoo.

“Two more,” she replied as she smiled at me and we entered the bird exhibit. The birds roamed freely besides the eagle and hawk, which lived in their own cages. “Listen closely to my friend and if you understand, come as close as you can,” Robi roared and the birds landed on the nearby branches.

“Hello. You all have very pretty feathers,” I yelled in English; then two parrots, the eagle and hawk came closer. The parrots landed on Robi's and Billy's shoulders and I asked, “What are your names?”

“Jane Caesar,” squawked the first parrot, who was more red and orange in coloring.

The second one was more blue and green. It squawked, “Peter Luke.”