Chapters 41-44

41.Need to Talk? About? Me?

No one arrived to rescue me for entire month and I began to wonder why. Maybe they had come, but the owner sent them away. OR maybe I told them some bad info. OR even worst, was Billy wouldn't let them search.

I finished my den, where new mate and I began to sleep. We loved another and loved to bring the other silly gifts, mostly pertaining to food. I laid next to her with our tails intertwined and we weren't laying together, we were running about.

Several sad, but sort of happy months passed without no sight of any rescue. It was very hot now and Milla didn't leave the den often at all; so I brought her food and water, both morning and night. I slept beside her to keep her warm on the chilly nights and dug the den bigger for the coming cubs.

Another passed and the summer faded into fall. Milla was gone and would hopefully return in a few days. No one had come for me and I was continuously fretting.

A lonely week passed before Milla appeared with two cubs on her heels. “Milla, they are lovely,” I praised as we laid down by the lake.

“Yes, Flint and Pan are cute,” she replied happily as she stared at them briefly; then she sadly looked back at me. “Dear, we need to talk.”

“About what?” I asked worried. Was I going to lose her? Did I do something wrong?

“You,” she answered sadly and I stared confused.

“Me?” I inquired scared. I just couldn't lose my new family. They were all I had and I was tired of starting from scratch.

“Speak English like the day we met,” she pleaded as she scooted closer.

“But dear, you can't understand me,” I cried in English and she nuzzled me quickly.

“I wouldn't be so sure,” she purred as her eyes locked on mine.

“But when we met, you didn't understand,” I commented confused in English.

“No, I did understand; but I was in shock. I hadn't heard it in so long, that I thought I was mistaken; then you kept talking in English on accident,” she purred as her nose touched mine.

“I have?” I roared as I stared at her. “But how have you understood? Wait! You're human too?”

“Yes dear; so we need to escape and go to where you were before,” she told with a huge smile.

“But what about Flint and Pan?” I asked as I glanced at them playing a few feet from my paws.

“They will be fine,” she replied as she glanced at them, but I could tell she was worried.

“Milla, I know I have told you very little about my past, but...” I started.