Chapters 37-40

37.Changing Faster Than Imagined

Only a few minutes passed before Dr. Jason and John arrived. “Hi guys,” I greeted as I stood and started towards them, but the chain yanked me back.

“James? Why are there more chains than usual?” John inquired as he tried to remove the one around my neck, but sadly it didn't budge.

“I changed,” I replied proudly as I stared into his eyes.

“Change? Then back?” Dr. Jason asked surprised and John's eyes got bigger.

“Hold on,” I purred before I wished for my hands and feet to change. In a matter of second, my hands and feet were paws; plus, nothing else changed.

“WOA!” Dr. Jason as he touched my paws.

“James!” John gasped shocked as I wished them back.

“While I was being creamed, I wished I could be a lion again. I quickly morphed and creamed all the guards, even Captain Matt,” I explained quickly.

“No wonder they locked you up so much,” laughed John as he helped me take off my rags of a shirt.

“Man James. You are changing fast,” Dr. Jason commented as he rubbed the fur that covered my chest and back.

“Ya, I am,” I mewed in English as I sat there in raggedy pants and no shirt.

“Are you hungry?” John asked as he fiddled with the chains and a paper clip.

“Very,” I answered eagerly; so John rushed out of the room quickly, but was soon back. He handed me a small plate of ham. “Thanks.”

“Well, rest James,” ordered Dr. Jason before he left.

“John,” I whispered as John turned to leave.

“Yes James?” he asked glancing back.

“Is everything going smoothly?” I questioned as I stood.

“Yes. Now rest,” he commanded before he left and I laid comfortably on the bed.

The next morning, Tom appeared with food. He handed it to me before he fooled with the chain on the wall. He soon figured it out and the chain hanged down my back. “How?” I asked a I walked freely around the room with the chains banging against my legs.

“A little wire. Come on, Robi wants you,” he cheered as he gave me a cape and I quickly slipped it on. We sneaked our way down the silent hall with the only noise being my jingling chains. We finally made it to Robi's room, where I sat down with the chains trailing behind me.

“Oh brother. John said you were changing fast, but I still don't see the need for that many chains,” Robi cried as she hugged me.

“Watch,” I replied as I wished to be a lion. I morphed quickly and the ring around my neck got tighter. I changed back and the chain around my neck slightly loosen.

“Okay; so you can change; that no reason to chain you that much,” Robi told confused.

“Sis, in my lion state I can take on all the guards at once and win,” I replied proudly as I stared into her eyes.

“Oh,” she sighed. “You must beat Billy now. Later there won't be a chance.”

“What do you mean?” I asked perplexed and Tom was now watching us closer.

“Billy is planning something. Only thing I know is that it will be soon,” cried Robi before we heard sounds of running footsteps.

“Queen Robi! Is James Otter in there?” yelled a guard from outside the door.