Chapters 25-28

25.More and More. Just How Many?

“Wake up boys!” John commanded as he placed food on the table.

“Ugh! I'm so sore!” cried Tom as he slowly padded to the table.

“I agree,” I laughed painfully as we began eating.

“Well hurry up and eat; then I need to get you guys to the king,” John told and we quickly finished; then we ran to the throne room.

“Hello King Billy,” we hissed as we bowed.

“John escort them to Captain Matt,” Billy ordered and we slowly walked to the field.

“You can go now, John. I can handle these prisoners,” snickered Captain Matt as he grabbed our chains and yanked us away. “Guards get them ready!” Matt removed our chains before we were rushed off to changed into loincloths; then we were pushed into the gate area. “Fight.”

We began fighting, but we took it easy; so we wouldn't be so hurt, but Matt noticed. “Guards!” he yelled and the guards leaped over the gate. Tom and I stood back to back as we fought more than ten fresh guards and we did our best, but there was just too many. Soon we both were lying on the ground, crumbled into balls.

“Please make them stop!” screeched Tom as another guard kicked him about breaking his ribs.

“Stop!” Matt yelled and the guards quickly left besides a young cheetah boy. “Go get Dr. Jason and John,” he ordered and the cheetah boy speed off.

Tom and I painfully stood and lean on another for support. The cheetah boy soon arrived with the brothers. John gasped as he grabbed onto me, “Captain Matt! What did you do them?”

Dr. Jason hurried over and grabbed Tom before heading towards the circus tent. “I did what I must!” Captain Matt declared as I started to collapse and John held me tighter.

“I will complain to King Billy!” yelled John as he helped me limp to Dr. Jason's tent. Tom and I could barely sit in the chairs as John and Dr. Jason bandaged our wounds. “How many did you fight?” John asked as he wrapped my forehead.

“I don't know. There were millions,” I cried as they finished with my last wound.

“I should put the chains on you two; so we can help you to your room,” Dr. Jason told as they loosely placed the chains on our wrists; so they allowed us to lean against them as they walked us back and locked us inside.

26.I Fear More Trouble Is Coming

We rested on the bed a few minutes before Annie and Jane appeared with food. Annie about dropped her tray as she saw us, wrapped like mummies. “Dad! Tom! What in the world?” she yelled upset, quickly setting the tray down.

“Oh, it was just a little fight,” I answered as we painfully and slowly made our way to the table.