Chapters 45-47

45.I Love You Both

Crowded into the room, sat my family and friends. Anna, Milla, Robi, and Jane sat in one corner discussing how to raise wild kids; and yes, I do mean wild kids. Annie was on the floor, playing with the twins, Flint, Pan, Tom's little girl, and another small girl; while my parents, plus Tom and his wife, were seated in a second corner. Before I could say anything, people were upon me. They yelled many things at the same time and hugged me tight.

“Son, are you okay?” my Mother called.

“Dad, why do you look different?” Flint and Pan yelled like they weren't different themselves.

The twins screamed, “I love you!”

“I'm so glad, you're alright,” roared Robi.

“Dad, how you feeling?” Annie shouted.

Jane and Tom screeched, “Good to have you back.”

“I love you, honey!” called Anna and Milla.

Finally John commanded, “Let him have some space, everyone. He has had a hard week.” Everyone returned to their seats and John pushed me till I was between Anna and Milla; then he left to take care of some animal-kids.

“Honey, I'm sorry it took us about a year to find you; but Billy had guards on us. Luckily Tom figured out a way for us to escape,” Anna cried as she leaned against me, her face in my shaggy hair.

“It is fine. Now, I'm sorry to you because I got another mate.” I kissed Milla then Anna. “But I love both of you the same and I always will,” I promised with a few tears in my eyes. I glanced from Milla to the boys and noticed how they had acquired her black hair, but both boys had my blue eyes instead of her brown.

“Well, it is what I get for marrying a lion,” Anna laughed as she squeezed me.

“I'm glad that you aren't upset,” I said happily before pecking her cheek.

46.This Is Who Is Beautiful

Robi walked up behind me and leaned down to my ear. “Can we talk alone?” she whispered quickly.

“Sure, but you got to pushed me,” I purred quietly; then I said, “Excuse me dears.” Robi pushed me out of the room and to the one across the hall. “Now sister, what is the matter?” I asked worried as she sat down in the chair beside my wheelchair.

“I'm so sorry! I knew where you were, but I couldn't do anything! And now both your legs are broken! You have another wife and three new kids!” she wailed as she poured tears into her hands and I stared at her very confused.

“Three kids? Milla only had two, sis,” I commented and she glanced at me before heading to the door and calling for someone.

“James meet Aphrodite,” Robi introduced as the small girl stood before me. Her skin was pale, but had hints of stripes; which I thought was odd. Her hair was a bright red like mine and her eyes a sparkling blue. “She is a liger.”

“A liger?” I asked and Robi nodded quickly. Aphrodite morphed into a half-lion and half-tiger. Her fur was golden like a lion, but she had pale stripes. Her body was much bigger than a normal cub of her age and she looked a ton stronger.

“A liger. It is formed when a lion and tiger mate,” Robi told as Aphrodite changed back.

“But we di...” I started then I stopped. The day in the cage when we had play fought. I hadn't known she was my sister then. “Are you positive she is mine? And what about Billy? He is your mate.”

“Very positive. I had Dr. Jason run tests,” she told as she paced. “Billy knows. He didn't at first... but it was hard to hide a little girl that looks different. Billy hardly saw me for months and I wore such big dresses that no one could tell that I was pregnant.” She stopped and placed a hand on her...I mean our daughter. “I had her, while I was a tiger because it was after my time was up; then I convinced a lioness maid to keep her; but with her stripes and look, she was soon discovered.” She stared at me before looking at the floor. “He mistreated her. James, he fought her and whipped her. She isn't even one and she has scars of a grown lion. Yes, she looks even older than she is; but truly Aphrodite is not even one. He mistreated her just because she was your daughter. James, when he finally let me have her again, she was so scratched up and bleeding, I thought I would faint. Dr. Jason did wonders and the scars are hardly visible now.” Robi stopped once more and pushed Aphrodite onto my lap before finishing, “James, she is your daughter no matter what. You must love her; even though, she is a mistake.”