Stranger in a Strange Land (1)

The thunderstorms cracked fiercely on the surface of the mountain. The bitter cold wind whipped through the forests and the mountains, piercing a cave near a small town. From the entrance to the cave, a small fire flickered from the wood that made the fire flourish in the ground. Next to the fire, a boy sat against the wall sharpening his sword.

The boy was about 15 years of age, with black and white colors on each half of his hair. His crimson colored eyes shined brightly on the fire, while focusing on his blade. The left eye, rather than his right eye, was covered in an eyepatch, as it he had lost it in an accident. His right arm, more uniquely than his normal left arm, had a dark-greenish appearance where brown tattoos in the shape of rectangles reached all the way to his hand, where grey nails and five rings ended on the bottom of his right fingers. He had a scar on his patched left eye, where it ran down from the top of his left eyebrow to the bottom of his eye. He wore a haori on top of his indigo shirt that had a mixture of grey and white colors, and black pants that reached all the way to his sandals.

The crimson-eyed boy got up from sharpening his sword and then stood away from the fire, and then, with his sword right next to the side of his face, he took a stance, concentrating on his techniques and his breathing style. He looked at a boulder, which was covering up the other side of the cave, and focused his eyesight of it.

Crimson-Eyed Boy: Ghost Breathing, First Form: Shattered Graveyard!"

At the speed of sound, he dashed at the boulder, and then he flicked his wrist, so that the sword would hit the boulder into a cross slash attack. He cut the boulder in the shape of an X, dividing it into 4 pieces of a triangle. The boulder was cut perfectly, and to make sure it was, he assembled it back into the boulder it was before it was slashed. He sheathed his sword as soon as he put the last piece of the boulder back on to the other slashed pieces.

Crimson-Eyed Boy (thoughts): Not bad. I think my form is beginning to improve a little better. The last few times I did, I nearly fell over and hit myself on a sharp metal pole, from when I believed if I could cut many metal objects at once at a town I stayed in yesterday.

He looked outside, and the sounds of thunder died away. The wind began to fade away, and the stars began to shine brightly on the surface. The boy stared at the stars in delight, looking at the constellations in which, to him, were people that existed a long time ago.

Crimson-Eyed Boy (Thoughts): I think I need to rest for tomorrow. I'm halfway to the Final Selection, a place where new Demon Slayers like me would gather and then try to survive for a week while killing weak demons.  After all, when I survive, I will just travel all over Japan while completing missions. It's the Taisho Era, and 5 years had passed when I was training by myself with a sword I stole from a Demon Slayer, and for the fact that I became a devil.  I don't remember anything about my life, my childhood, but the only thing I can remember about how I turned into a devil is that I got infected by a blue flower in the shape of a sunflower, and that my name is Eizoshi Seikatsu. I may need to hide the fact i'm a devil, otherwise the Hashira or the Twelve Kizuki find out about who I truly am."

A devil was more powerful than a demon, and because they can survive by not only eating humans, they are completely immune to the sunlight and that they can survive for centuries without being killed by a Nichirin Katana. His right arm had the power to absorb demons and humans by his command for strength, and that anyone that touched him would be consumed by the hand. That can only happen if he chooses to activate his hand, if he sees that the person he talks to is either friendly or a foe.

They can also change their forms from human to demon, to hide their true forms so that they can walk, talk and act like humans. For Eizoshi, he was once a human, so he transformed rarely into his demon form whenever he has strong and enraging emotions of anger or hate.  After a short technique practice, he laid down on the floor and fell asleep, with the fire aside him now burned out from the stormy winds of Japan.

The next morning, 8:30 am.

Eizoshi woke up to the sounds of birds chirping on the trees, and the rays of the sun shining upon the cave he slept in. He got up, grabbed his katana, and left the cave and walked into the direction of Final Selection, with the sounds of silence stood between trees, the wind and the birds as their sounds began to fade away from the direction of the long and winding road in front of him.

***

- Author's Note: Thank you for reading this chapter. It may seem short, but I will be updating momentarily with longer chapters as the days pass by. This is my first book, and I am excited to write this to my new readers! I hope you will praise me for my hard work. I do not own Demon Slayer, as all rights belong to Koyoharu Gotouge. Well, see you all in the next chapter!

- Crashmean