Neither Wolf Nor Dog (7)

Author's Note: Sorry for the long delay for this chapter. I was busy hanging out with my friends and family and decided to take a break for a while. I was also trying to decide on ways on how to write this next chapter. But anyway, here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

2 days later. The Butterfly Mansion, 4:50 pm.

***

Since the dreadful episode of the Rehabilitation Training, Shinobu had punished Eizoshi for his unexpected powers at the dojo by cleaning half of the Butterfly Mansion with very little cleaning supplies. The crimson-eyed boy shrugged in a humorless expression, but was eventually fine with it. Kanao herself had to stay on her hospital bed for the previous day despite the severe damages that she suffered from Eizoshi's bizarre power. She was alive, but her condition was very severe and critical from the great loss of blood and bruises she had all over her skin.

As for Naho, Kiyo, Sumi and Aoi, the girls made sure that he didn't miss a single spot on the rooms he was cleaning in, but they were completely speechless from the craziness that they witnessed from their perspectives. After Eizoshi had cleaned a spot that was hard to remove than most of the others like this one, he was allowed to stop for the rest of the day, and he walked back to his room, with the girls hurrying away to resume their original duties as nurses to the mansion.

As he walked into his room, he looked down to notice that his kimono and haori were still dirty, perhaps from the trial, since he never washed them for the past few days, but his Corps uniform was less dirty from the clothes he wore. Midnight was approaching, so he decided to do a little shopping for new clothes so that he could wore for the upcoming missions that were about to approach from his golden eagle, Vishgraz. He kept the stained-Corps uniform on, then left the Butterfly Mansion through the window of his room, and out through the gate of the mansion wall to a nearby village.

As he made his way to the entrance of the village, he heard a familiar sound of an eagle screeching. When he looked up, he could see Vishgraz swooping down towards him, and then perched its talons on his shoulder.

Eizoshi: Vishgraz? What are you doing here? Is it for another mission? I'm kinda busy trying to get new clothes for myself since my kimono and haori got busted.

Vishgraz: Well, kid, there's something I want to tell you about. Not mission related, it's about me.

A confused reaction homed into his eyebrows, which were now raised up as his eyes were focusing on the hazel eyes of the golden eagle.

Eizoshi: What is it, then?

Vishgraz: You ever wonder why I act a bit different than the other Kasugai Crows from the Demon Slayer Corps, and the fact I'm irrelevant from the Hashira and the Master of the Mansion?

Eizoshi: Well, the Hashira say it's weird to have an Eagle like you instead of a regular Kasugai Crow, but you act like one.

Vishgraz: Well, it's the fact that the crows are more focused on giving missions and messing with Demon Slayers who are tired even if they completed a mission. They serve only the Ubuyashiki family themselves, but I don't want to serve them. I only want to serve different people who are unlike the other Slayers behavior that I've seen when I'm soaring from the sky. That kind of person is like you, and the fact you're uncommon like the others. A devil, for the fact.

Eizoshi: Huh, so you want to become my servant, correct?

Vishgraz. Yes, Eizoshi. I'm with you, no matter what the other Kasugai Crows, Slayers, Hashira or the Master himself might say about me. You tell me what to do, and I'll obey your command.