The Butterfly Mansion/The Devil vs the Tsuguko (6)

7 minutes later. The Butterfly Mansion, 2:20 pm.

Shinobu led Eizoshi down a long path trailed by long trees and purple flowers, as she led him to the direction of the Butterfly Mansion. It was noon, and the sun was blazing hot as it shined down on the devil and the Insect Hashira. Since the shocking outcome of the Hashira trial, Shinobu herself had been questioning on how Eizoshi had managed to withstand her poison yesterday, even though her wisteria-infused blade could poison demons and kill them in a few seconds. Then she remembered the fact on Eizoshi's arm, because when she injected poison in his body 2 days ago, his arm glowed yellow and absorbed the poison for strength, instead of putting him to sleep, like how normal demons would. Her usual smile on her face became a very confused frown as she walked to her estate.

Shinobu (Thoughts): In all of my years since I became a Hashira, and the death of my sister, I've never seen someone who could resist my poison. I even tested multiple poisons I created on regular demons, but how is it that a devil or demon like him would be able to resist my poison and consume it for power instead of infecting him?

She had multiple thoughts pouring through her brain as she escorted Eizoshi to the Butterfly Mansion, but the crimson-eyed boy began to notice a certain feeling emerging from her head.

Eizoshi: Um, is something wrong, Shinobu? You're feeling a bit concerned about something.

Shinobu turned away from her thoughts, reverting back to her wide smile before turning her head to face Eizoshi.

Shinobu: Oh, nothing's wrong with me. It's just a bad memory.

Eizoshi: Oh. Okay. I just wanted to see if you were feeling alright.

Shinobu knew that she had to lie to him because she couldn't ask him how he was able to resist her wisteria poison, but she was was trying to hide the fact of the unnatural discovery she witnessed along with Tomioka yesterday. She decided to keep questioning the fact for now, and before long, they arrived at the gate to the Butterfly Mansion.

Shinobu: It seems like we arrived. Welcome to the Butterfly Mansion, my home and where my coworkers treat injured Slayers who come here by me or the Kakushi.

She opened the gate, and there stood a large mansion surrounded by flowers and butterflies that flew around the mansion and the flowers.

Eizoshi (Thoughts): Wow

Eizoshi (Thoughts): Wow. This place is beautiful. It's impressive that the Hashira like her live in cool places like this!

Eizoshi stared at the mansion in awe as he and Shinobu walked to the front entrance, and from there, she took him to his room. It was a small room with a bed in the color of royal blood, with a medium sized window that had a view of the backyard with a small pond. Alongside the bed, there was a small closet to hang up Eizoshi's haori and clothes.