Chapter 6

He was beginning to feel a tiny bit better.

"Are you sure you're okay to do it? I'm not tired at all. And you can't try to feed him wolfsbane again. He'll just throw it up and make us start from square one again." 

Hmm? That sounds like Bin... and no wonder I have a bitter taste in my mouth.

"I won't do it again and I can handle a sick dog. Give him here." 

He felt himself being swapped over to Inkani's arms and happily snuggled in. 

"See? He likes me more anyways," Inkani said with a haughty tone. 

Bin just seemed to think that it was funny, because the man gave a quiet chuckle before responding. 

"He definitely does. I think he's beginning to feel better but it will probably take a bit longer to be sure." 

Inkani began to gently move his body back and forth, making Ilio curious as to what he was intending to do. 

"You need to use your legs, too. I really can do it if you can't manage..." Bin said, a tiny hint of teasing in his otherwise serious voice. 

Ilio felt Inkani's arms tighten around him slightly before relaxing as the man gave out a quiet sigh. He began moving a bit more, his actions seeming more focused. 

I still don't understand what he's doing, though. 

"That's it. Match the sway of the boat as best you can. That way he won't feel as nauseous," Bin said, making Ilio finally realize what they were doing. 

"I think I got it. It really isn't much moving, but it's frustratingly-specific. If I don't focus I lose the rhythm immediately," Inkani said, his voice clearly a bit strained with his attention on his task. 

"Alright, I'll leave him to you now then, boss. I'm going to go get some blood," Bin said as Ilio heard his near-silent footsteps walk away. 

Things were quiet for quite some time after that, and as the cool wind rustled his hair and his stomach remained reasonably calm, Ilio couldn't help but drift back off to sleep. 

Mmm? 

Something smelled really good. His stomach didn't hesitate to grumble loudly, eager to inhale whatever it was.  

"My little one is awake?" 

Ilio moved a tiny bit, worried that he might bother Inkani if he did so too much. 

Wait a minute... I'm not in his arms anymore.

He was a bit sad about that fact, but at least that allowed him to stretch out without worrying about being a bother. He even lifted his arms over his head and yawned widely as several bones cracked along his legs and back. 

Such a good sleep. 

He waited a few more moments before finally opening his eyes. 

My vampire. 

His mind was immediately more awake as he pushed himself up and was rewarded with a pat to his head for the effort. His body was still a little weak, but that was probably because he'd thrown up so much earlier. 

"It's been three days, my problematic pup," Inkani said as he stood up, making Ilio quickly scurry from the bed and onto his own two feet. 

He could feel his wolf just beneath the surface, likely confused as to why he had kept it at bay for so long when their mate was right in front of them. It, thankfully, wasn't as affected by the pull, or it would have shoved itself into control a long time ago. It was, however, definitely getting annoyed with being cooped up since it had been his main form for the majority of his life.