Chapter 21

They're growing back...

He had no idea how, because it shouldn't have been possible, and especially not within three days of having them removed, but he couldn't deny what he was feeling. 

Being extremely gentle, since he didn't want to wake the man currently sleeping against him, Bin felt along the bony ridges protruding faintly from the man's back. 

I've never seen such regenerative abilities. 

Sure, vampires and werewolves could heal some pretty nasty injuries without much help from common medicine, but to completely regenerate an appendage? 

It was unheard of. 

He considered letting his master know, but at same time, it probably didn't matter one way or the other. Even without his wings, Karalius would easily be able to kill him if he wanted to. 

He was just looking up at the ceiling, considering going back to sleep for a bit when he felt the man pressed up against him move. Bin immediately closed his eyes and remained absolutely still, but when Karalius simply moved his arm farther up onto his chest, then gave a content, sleepy sigh, Bin risked squinting one eye open. 

Ah, he just scooted up a little and got more comfortable. 

His shoulder was beginning to feel rather uncomfortable from the weight of the man's head, though. Pins and needles danced up and down the right side of his body but it was clear that Karalius was oblivious, even as he adjusted himself a little more, then yawned wide enough for Bin to see his two sets of fangs extend to sharp points, then retract again as they settled back into his mouth. 

...you're not a demon. You're a cat. 

As if agreeing with him, Karalius nuzzled his cheek against his shoulder, then gave a smaller yawn with only one fang visible. 

Such a scary, powerful demon and yet you sleep like a kitten when you're comfortable. 

Reaching over, Bin gently touched the tips of Karalius's fingers that were resting atop his bare chest, then lifted one gently.

I never noticed that your claws come out when you sleep. 

In fact, he didn't remember seeing them any other time the man had fallen asleep. 

He's always stressed and tossing and tur—His eyes widened as he realized something he should have right away. 

You're... sleeping peacefully. 

Looking up from the man's hand, Bin studied Karalius's relaxed expression. 

He really is sleeping well. 

As he continued to stare, his fingers gently massaged the fingers he'd been inspecting previously without really noticing. 

Ah, it's already dark outside again? 

Bin, are you up? 

Blinking, Bin furrowed his brow and looked back up toward the ceiling.

Yes, I'm awake, he replied, curious about what his master wanted. 

Is everything okay? I haven't heard from you in two days. 

Bin felt his eyebrow twitch as he glanced back outside. 

I guess we were just really tired, he eventually replied, still stunned that they'd slept for so long. 

When his master didn't respond again right away, Bin figured that he was going to want to see him at some point soon. So, he reached over and gently began petting Karalius's soft hair.