Prologue 2/2: The Season 4 I Expected

Everyone looked so familiar. And yet I didn't know who any of them were. I sighed and went up to the first person I saw, a chubby girl with fading icy blue hair and bronze skin. She saw me, waving.

???: Hoi! What's your name?

      It seemed she didn't remember who I was either.

???: Oh! My name is Bubble! Nice to meet you Loify!

Leafy: Nice to meet you too!

     Bubble seemed cheerful. I liked that about her. I gave her a smile and went to someone else.

     The next contestant I found had sharp, cat-like mauve eyes and olive skin. As soon as I got closer, I became aware of how she towered over me, and got a little intimidated.

???: Hey.

Leafy: Um...hi!

???: Hey, uhh...what's your name!

Leafy: Leafy!

I blurted it out quicker than i should've.

???: Ah. Okay. I'm Lollipop.

     I take a breath and walk away with a goodbye. Onto number three! The third person I see was close by. She was also tall, had long shiny hair and I didn't know how she was able to walk in the high heels she was wearing. She didn't notice me first, so I spoke up:

Leafy: Hi!

???: The fuck do you want? Leave me alone, you shit stain!

Leafy: Sorry?

???: Ugh, stop talking to me!

Leafy: Um...I just wanted to know what your name was...

???: It's Flower, duh.

Leafy: And that was ALL I needed to hear, gooood-bye!

     I sort of speedwalk away and bump into someone who felt like a wall.

Leafy: Ah! I'm sorry-

???: Hey, don't be sorry, you're fine! It happens all the time really, hahaha.... Hey! Who are you?

Leafy: I'm Leafy! Who are you?

???: Woah! Hi Leafy, my name's Spongy! Nice to meet you! And uh... didn't you steal Dream Island?

     Did I really do that? I feel like I did, but...

Leafy: I...I really don't know...my memory of the competiton is so foggy...

Spongy: Mine too...but...it's just in the back of my mind..that you stole Dream Island..

Leafy: That's weird..I wouldn't do anything like that...but it was nice talking to you?

     That's absurd. Me? Steal Dream Island? All I remember from season 1 is that we were battling FOR Dream Island! I don't know if I won or was eliminated first! I WAS THIRTEEN! How am I supposed to remember something from ten years ago? Whatever..

     While looking around, I see a girl with azure hair down to her waist and a zip-up hoodie equal in color waving at me. I approach her with a smile.

Leafy: Hi! Were you waving at me?

     She nodded at me vigorously.

Leafy: Can you not speak?

     I know, it was kind of a rude question, but I meant it in the nicest way possible.

     She thought for a moment before taking out a notepad and writing something down.