BL | Chapter 4

Nikki Crawford:

Alice took my hand and squeezed it gently, she knew little of my past. Shane and Alice have been my guardian angels since forever and they're the only people I trust with my secrets.

Derek remained silent at my declaration and didn't even ask what actually happened. I don't know what he was thinking, but the spark in his eyes was gone. He lowered his gaze and looked lost as if he was in deep thought and wasn't looking at me at all.

"Umm..Well the victory is all yours Stark .. yayyy!!" Alice exclaimed, changing the topic..
pheww! And this is why I love her.

Shane sighed,"Yeah! Whatever! Well played Stark! " then he further added, " Anyway, Do you have any plans for tomorrow?"

He looked up again avoiding my eyes then replied,
" I have... I have to attend a meeting tomorrow in the morning then will be free in the afternoon".

"You're here for two weeks only, Let's plan something for tomorrow. Eh?". Shane said.

"What if I'll take you guys on a cruise tomorrow after my meeting? What say?" Derek asked.

"Woah! I'd love to go on a cruise. I always wanted to experience how it feels like to be in the middle of the deep sea", Alice said excitedly.

"Alright then. I'll meet you guys at the dock at 1 pm tomorrow. " Derek smiled.

"I... I don't know guys but.. uhh I don't feel like going tomorrow. Have some work to do." I jumped in the conversation.
I know things are getting pretty awkward between me and him and I really don't want more awkwardness.

"No way! I'm not going without you Nik. You absolutely love sea, we'd do Scuba and experience the beautiful marine life together. Deal?"

Derek was looking directly at me now as if he was waiting for my answer, I could feel his eyes on me.
"Deal" I rolled my eyes at her.
There's no way I could win an argument with her.

And then my bestfriend started singing crazily,
Under the Sea,
Under the Sea,
Darling it's better,
Down where it's wetter,
Take it from me.

"Wohoooo! Can't wait for tomorrow", Alice clasped her hands excitedly.

Derek shrugged then said, " It's a done deal then. See you guys tomorrow".

We were about to leave, Shane and Alice were already in the car waiting for me, while Derek was standing beside me with a boyish grin on his face.

He came a little closer to me and kissed me on the cheek then said,
" Good night mermaid! Hope to see you in bikni tomorrow. "

I chuckled at him, giving me a pet name then I said, " Stop calling me mermaid and sorry to disappoint you but I'm not gonna wear that.. Good night Derek."

-x-

*I looked at the mirror, a very different unfamiliar looking girl was staring right back at me. She didn't say anything. Her eyes were pooled with tears, washing away her smokey makeup. She rubbed her smeared face and went to take shower, washing away the remains of memories. Then, wore Pj and a loose shirt to make herself comfy and went to bed.*

I tossed and turned whole night, tried to sleep but couldn't, my eyes were closed to welcome the much needed sleep but my mind was still awake.
Then, I saw those gorgeous brown eyes again that were staring right at me ....... Am I dreaming?

I felt someone kissing me on my head and whispered,
" Sleep peacefully little angel. Good night."

-x-