BL | Chapter 7

Nikki Crawford:

"Umm. Yeah! These are my room keys." I flashed my smile at him.

" I was exiting the passage door and found your keys." He handed me over my keys, giving me a polite smile.

"I was in a hurry, must've dropped but thank you anyway.", I told him.

"You're welcome, Miss? ".
I don't usually tell my name to strangers, especially this goodlooking but, he seemed like a really nice guy.

" Nikki Crawford. And you are?" Smiling, I asked him his name.

"Kellan Hanks." We shook hands and then he further continued, "So, Are you here with someone?"

"I am here with my friends. What about you?", I asked him, looking coyly at him.

"I'm cruising alone, and heading to Miami to meet my sister.", He nodded.

"Oh great! I've never been to Miami, and I am actually excited to be there." I further added,
"Hey! Umm.. I'm going to bar to meet my friends, Would you like to join us for drinks? "
It was polite asking him for drink since, he was being gentle and kind to me.

"Sure! I'd love to come and being accompanied by a beautiful girl will be my privilege".
He winked at me and I looked coyly at him and then nodded.

-x-

We headed to the bar together. I saw the way he was looking at me with those piercing grey eyes. I smiled at him then, looked down at the floor.

There's this weird habit of me, I can't meet anyone's eyes for more than 3 seconds when they are few inches closer to me, It kinda makes me nervous.
I know right, I'm weird.

This bar looked really huge, with massive people sitting around, sipping and enjoying their drinks whilst others were dancing. There was also a dance floor on the other side of the bar and I saw people swaying to the soft music.

I looked for my friends and instantly finding them at the nearest corner and they hadn't even noticed my presence yet.

I saw Derek was busy talking to Shane. Then, suddenly our eyes met.. and my heart stopped beating.

My eyes skimmed over his body, He didn't look like a business magnate to me at all, carrying the comfortable attire.

He wore a buttoned front black shirt and faded jeans which hanged low, hair were a sexy mess and I noticed that his smile faded when he saw the hottie next to me, and then I felt his sharp gaze on me.

I hadn't realised that Kellan held the small of my back in a gentle manner, until I saw Derek's gaze at his hand on my back.

The closer we get to the bar, the more rapid my heart started beating. Alice and Shane glanced at me then smiled, nodding at Kellan.

"Hey guys! This is Kellan Hanks......my friend".
Friend?

Kellan arched an eyebrow and then chuckled softly at me, mentioning him as my friend.
Did I just call him my friend purposefully? What was I thinking?

"Kellan. Meet my friends.. Alice, Shane and.. "

"Derek!!" Kellan exclaimed then further continued, "How have you been?" I gasped at him, profusely shocked at him knowing Derek.

Derek shoot a death glare at him, " How do you guys know eachother? Ignoring the Kellan's question, He gazed at me.

"He helped me finding my room keys that I kinda dropped near my floor". I told him.

"But, you said he's your friend?", Derek looked at me furiously.

"Well... He wasn't before but, now he is." I snapped back at him.

There was something definitely wrong with this guy, He was nice at one moment and then messes thing up the next. Why was he questioning me being friends with Kellan?....Temperamental Jackass.

He took a deep breathe and tried to control his anger.
I saw the way Kellan looked at him and he was smirking.

"Kellan! How do you know Derek?" I asked him.

"We are business rivals, Nikki", He smiled at me and I looked back at him with a shocked expression.
Wow.. Could this situation get anymore terrible?

Derek looked fiercely at Kellan and came closer to say something when, Shane jumped in the conversation between the two guys to calm this rageous situation.

"Hey! Let's just keep business and office work aside and get drunk tonight? I want you both to be good with eachother.. atleast for now... Deal?"

Kellan nodded and smiled sweetly at me.
"Deal", Derek said, looking cautiously at Kellan.

"Great! Drinks are on me." , Shane said.

Shane ordered Tequilla shots for us, I told him not to order alcohol for me. He already knew how much I hate drinking so, He ordered pinacolada for me instead.

Alice and Kellan were talking about their life goals and mutual interests. I noticed that Derek was looking between me and Kellan cautiously, but didn't say anything he just drank his Tequilla shots quietly.
I told Kellan how excited I was to attend my graduation next month.

"Really? That's great Nikki! And, What are your future plans for the job?"

"Well.. I haven't decided yet. But, I'm thinking to apply as soon as I get home."

"Yeah! This nerd freak will get any job she wants. She is one bright student you know", Alice sighed and gulped her drink.

"What if I offer you a job in my Art Gallery in London?" Kellan looked at me with a cheerful look on his face.

"I'll think about your offer Kellan. Thank you.", I smiled at him and we clinked our glasses.

"Cheers to this beautiful lady sitting next to me", Kellan said.

I stole glance at Derek, his eyes never leaving mine and then, he clenched his teeth and balled his fists in rage.
I averted my gaze from him and then, I saw a hot blonde, wearing a strapless black dress and 6 inches heels, striding towards Derek's direction.
Her intentions weren't looking decent as she smiled seductively at him.

"Hey handsome! Would you like to dance with me?" She held his shirt collar, Derek gave one look at her and flashed her a sexy grin.

And, then his eyes met mine and I let out a breathe, I didn't know I was holding.

He didn't say any word just nodded, but the ghost of smile played on his lips. Blonde took him to the dance floor and started dancing seductively, putting one hand on his muscular shoulder and the other on the nape of his strong neck.
Derek was dancing with her but, his eyes were on me.

I don't know why but, I felt being stabbed by something incredibly sharp in my chest that ripped me apart, cutting me deep and I couldn't breathe.

I have never felt this emotion in my life..
My heart felt so heavy, it hurts...