• 17 •

The England squad had managed to secure a big win over their opponents, a small French team who'd flown over for the friendly match. Even though the score didn't go towards anything, the 3-0 win was definitely welcomed. Imogen was sat in the private box at Wembley Stadium with the wives and girlfriends of the players, most of which she'd known beforehand from other events and gatherings she'd attended.
The stylist had sat with Sasha and Ollie Watkins' girlfriend Ellie, and each time England had scored a goal, the three of them jumped up to cheer and shout loudly to show their support for the team. Ollie had scored the first goal, which had caused his girlfriend to be possibly the most excited person in the stadium as she'd grabbed her phone to video him all with a proud smile plastered on her face.

Imogen however had found herself only watching one player on the pitch as the minutes passed by - that player being Jude. He'd played extremely well, scoring a goal and assisting another, and the stylist now understood clearly how the young footballer had built up such a large fanbase. When he'd scored the final goal and the private box had gone mental in celebration, Sasha had nudged Imogen with a knowing glint in her eye.
At full-time everybody made their way down from the box to greet and celebrate with the players. As the squad gradually made their way out of the changing rooms they were reunited with their partners immediately and the pairs shared the joy of the victory together.

'Congratulations!' Sasha said, leaving the girls after spotting Jack who engulfed her into a hug before she'd even properly reached him.
Ellie turned to Imogen as the model had left, shooting her a sly smile.
'Sooo girl. Fancy telling me who you were watching during that entire game?'
The stylist pulled a face and laughed. 'All the players were playing really well.'
'Sure they were.' Ellie giggled.
As if he knew they'd been talking about him, Jude left the changing room and came into the room - nodding his thanks at those who congratulated him as he walked. He would've been more interactive with them but he was distracted with searching for somebody in particular that he wanted to speak to. She'd spotted him before he'd spotted her, and the black-haired girl smiled as their eyes met across the room. Jude weaved through players and girlfriends until he reached Imogen, pulling her into a hug and smothering the girl in his cologne.

'You guys did so good!' she congratulated him over the buzz of people around them.
'Cheers. I'm glad you could make it to a game where we got a good result for you.' Jude grinned at her.
'Couldn't have you guys losing when all of us were here to watch.' Imogen laughed and pulled her hair around her shoulders. 'But anyways since you didn't lose, I'm guessing we still have to go out?'
The footballer let out a low laugh and shook his head in fake disbelief.
'Unfortunately for you Imms no matter what the score was today we'd be going out anyway.'
The personal stylist pretended to roll her eyes and scoffed. 'Ugh.'
'Enough of you pretending to hate me. I didn't score that goal for no reason.' Jude said, his eyes bright and a large grin on his lips. Imogen  giggled at this and smiled sweetly.
'Honestly babe, I didn't even see your goal.'
'Lies. You definitely did.'

The two of them looked into each others' eyes, clearly challenging the other to give in first; and of course neither of them wanted to be the first one to mess up their comeback.
The stylist felt herself melting under his gaze so had to try and reinforce her completely non-existent immunity to his charms by making another rude comment.
'Humble yourself, I wasn't even watching you.'
Jude pretended to pull a shocked face at the girl's remark, moving nearer - ultimately making it even harder for the girl to stay composed.
'You just said I played good a few minutes ago. Nothings really adding up is it Imogen.' he let out a chuckle, enjoying the fact that he was annoying her and the fact that he found her attitude extremely attractive.
She just shoved him away lightly and looked up at him with a fake glare.
'Shut up Jude.'

author's note
sorry for the long time without an update, ive got a few lined up after this one so expect more frequent updates coming soon xx

**also little disclaimer - the game mentioned was not a real game played by the england team i made it up for the chapter xx