• 18 •

'You look so stunning babe.' Sasha gushed, moving forwards to string a dainty gold necklace around her best friend's neck.
Imogen smiled at her gratefully and turned to fix her pin-straight hair in the large mirror mounted on the hotel room's wall.

The partners and friends of the England squad had been put up in a hotel in London for the night, as some of them lived in places like Birmingham or Leicester so the journey home was a long one to make after the game had ended in the evening. Jude had used this to his advantage when he'd asked Imogen to go out together after the game, knowing that they'd be able to be out for as long as they wanted as she didn't have to go home that night.
Imogen adjusted her fitted black dress that stopped mid-way up her thigh and accentuated her body in all the right places. The stylist had paired it with designer footwear; completely black except from the trademark 'YSL' gold initials that made up the heels of the shoes.

Imogen's phone buzzed from the hotel bed so she quickly moved across the room to pick it up, seeing a message from the footballer.

Jude
im waiting by the entrance now

Imogen
okay ill be down in 5

Jude
don't bother actually i don't want to see you

Imogen
sounds good to me. i won't be down in 5.

Jude
😐
hurry up before i come get u myself

'Jude?' Sasha flicked her eyes to the phone, wondering who the stylist had been messaging that was making her laugh at her phone.
Imogen nodded before putting her phone in her clutch bag.
'Babe this is so stupid.' she started laughing again, shaking her head at herself. 'What am I doing going out with one of my clients.'
Sasha joined in giggling.
'Just blackmail your professional self into thinking that this is a new way to get to know clients better.'
'Honestly.'
The two of them doubled over in fits of laughter.

'I'd better go cos he'll get annoyed if I make him wait any longer.' Imogen laughed and gave her best friend a huge hug before layering herself in perfume, grabbing her clutch and walking out the door.
'Have fun!' Sasha shouted down the corridor behind her.

*************************************************

Jude was dressed in all black; the colour matching his hair and making him look unreal. He was leaning against a wall in the lobby on his phone, looking effortlessly like a model.
As soon as his eyes found Imogen he turned his phone off immediately and started walking towards her, not seeing anything else.

'You look so good Immy.' he said and gave her a hug, his cologne surrounding her.
'You don't look horrible either Jude.' Imogen laughed and looked up at his handsome face.
She so badly wanted to tell him how good he looked too, but she'd already decided to play the more unbothered card just until she got to know him better.
'You've really got a way with words haven't you.' the footballer started to laugh as the brunette gave him an angelic smile.

The pair left the hotel and were greeted at the entrance by a sleek black Bentley, from which a suited driver got out immediately to open the back car door when he saw Jude.
'Thank you.' Imogen said as she slid into the plush backseat. The footballer also shot the chauffeur an appreciative smile as he got into the car behind the stylist.
The Dortmund player didn't have to say a word before the car started easing off towards its destination; of which was a mystery to Imogen.

In the back of the Bentley Jude turned to the girl beside him.
'Hopefully you had nothing planned for us because you're a bit fucked otherwise.' he grinned cheekily and ran a hand through his hair.
'You know I didn't.' Imogen laughed. 'I do enough for you with all the extra styling appointments as it is.'
'That's true, I guess it was time for me to pay you back for all of those added days you fit me into.' he nodded in agreement before a smirk appeared on his lips. 'Although if you hadn't wanted all the extra work you could've just said no.'
The stylist gave him a look and bit her lip to stop a smile forming on her face.
'It's my job. I hardly could've turned you away.'
'It's just because I'm that irresistible.'
'As if.' Imogen snorted jokingly. 'You're making me more money in the long run anyway.'
Jude faked a shocked face.
'So you're using me? Is this you admitting that you're a gold-digger?'
The stylist sarcastically nodded through laughter.
'Yes. Problem?'

As the two of them laughed Jude found himself oblivious to where he was; being solely focused on the beauty of the girl with him. When they spent time together he found himself getting more and more attracted to not only her looks but also her personality and attitude. He praised himself for having listened to James when he'd told him about Imogen.

*************************************************

The Bentley parked up beside a tall building that looked extremely grand. Marble pillars lined the entranceway and luscious green potted plants marked the gold front doors. Two men in tophats and suits smiled warmly at Imogen as she stepped out of the car, Jude closely following.
The ushers guided them into the entryway where their coats were taken for the cloakroom. As they walked into the restaurant, another man was at their side immediately.

'Good evening the both of you.' he smiled kindly. 'You must be the booking under the name Bellingham am I correct?'
The footballer nodded. 'Yes that's right.'
'Just this way then.'
The waiter led the way into the beautiful restaurant, placing down menus onto their table before pulling the chair out for Imogen.
'Thank you.' she gave him a smile and he nodded in response.
'Can I get you any drinks to start?'
They both placed their orders and the waiter disappeared off.

'Jude this is so nice. It's gorgeous in here.' Imogen looked across the table at her date, appreciating him all the more for finding such a perfect place.
The restaurant was beautiful with green vines and white flowers adorning the walls, and golden-coloured lights shining though them gently. The dim lighting added a relaxing and warm atmosphere to the place, and the gentle buzz of jazz music and other guests' conversations in the background was comforting.

'I wanted it to make sure it was good for you. Couldn't bring you to a shit place could I.' his eyes connected with Imogen's and he smiled genuinely.
'You're right you couldn't.' she laughed and took a sip of her wine.
'I never would anyway.' he shook his head. 'When we go out more- '
'We're going out more?' Imogen interrupted, pulling a mock-disgusted face.
'Not after that we're not.' he shrugged and looked unbothered.
'Shut up I'm joking.'
'The fact you had to clarify that. You definitely care.' Jude teased, knowing exactly how to annoy her.
Imogen rolled her eyes. 'Think what you want.'
'I will. I think you secretly like me but have to keep it to yourself so you stay professional.'
The stylist looked at him from under her eyelashes.
He looked too attractive under the dim lighting of the restaurant.
'Hm. I guess we'll never know.'
She herself also knew how to annoy the footballer - just not as well as he managed to annoy her.
Jude looked into her eyes, as if trying to push an answer out of her, and she felt herself struggle under his gaze.
'But maybe you are right.' the brunette couldn't help herself. He had waited a long time for her to even come close to admitting that she saw him as more than a friend or client.
A grin appeared on Jude's face at her response.
'Knew I was irresistible.'

author's note
hopefully this makes up for those long few months of no updates! a much longer one for you all <33 xx