The rematch(es)

The Sevens did, in fact, not help Idia's poor soul.

Idia got to the conclusion that the Sevens chose him as their form of entertainment. They were watching Idia being an absolute mess and they were throwing some obstacle from time to time for their amusement. Like right now.

Today was the day when the board game club was held and it would've been weird for him to send his tablet. He wouldn't be able to even play! And so, with no other choice, he trudged forward to the club.

He was extremely nervous to see you face to face. The last dream where he was about to kiss you was in the back of his mind and he had to act like he didn't just have a bunch of dreams with you that made him have a crush on you!!!

...This was going to be a challenge for Idia. He felt as though the Sevens were watching him in this very moment, which didn't help his anxiety at all.

When he got to the door to the board game club he took a deep breath and exhaled, preparing to get through this meeting (in one piece preferably). Realizing he has been standing for too long in front of the door and the students who were passing through were giving him weird looks, Idia hurried into the classroom.

Few turned their heads to the door to see the nervous wreck Idia was, and he was glad for it. You didn't turn your head to the door, being occupied with setting up a game with Azul.
Idia straightened up as best as he could while not looking too forced and walked to the table you and Azul were seated.

Noticing that somebody was approaching, you turned to see Idia walking up to you and taking a seat.
"Hi, Idia!" you greeted your friend cheerfully.
He responded with a whispering "hello".

Suddenly remembering what Azul told you a few minutes prior, you began to tell Idia.
"Oh, yeah! Azul told me he practised on throwing the dice in his favour since last time!"
Oh. That's right. Idia remembers the last meeting where Azul lost a few times in the games that depended on luck. And Azul not accepting to lose at any game, he began learning how to roll the dice on the numbers he wanted.

"I still can't believe how you had the patience on rolling a dice for I don't know how long, Azul! I would take a loss here and there rather than learning how to roll a dice." you laughed.

"I told you every game can be won if you know what to do, even the games that supposedly depend on luck." Azul remarked nonchalantly.

"We'll see about that." starting to feel a little relaxed, Idia smirked getting excited to show Azul wrong.

"Oh, YOU'll see about that." Azul retorted back, beginning to get competitive.

"I won't let any of you best me at this! You know I can make the impossible possible. Remember the deal Azul?" he sighed exasperated, not wanting to be reminded by his loss in the deal he made with you by taking Ramshackle. And it clearly seemed you liked to playfully rub it in his face (you wouldn't take the joke too far and Azul appreciated that).

It was still a little surprising for Idia how after the ordeal you had with Azul, you both ended up to get along. Idia heard you on one occasion cursing the hell out of Azul for taking Ramshackle and having to sleep in Savannaclaw through his tablet. He found the situation extremely funny, but he felt a little sorry for you.
And like the main character you were, you proved Azul wrong by getting what he asked of you in time. Idia admired you for that, you really seemed like a main character from his anime.

The competitive spirit being ignited so soon in the meeting, you and Idia were ready to prove Azul wrong and make him lose, meanwhile Azul was waiting for his win to obliterate your hope.

And as Azul predicted, he won the game followed by comments from his two companions.
"No way!!" you unintentionally raised your voice frustrated. You were so close to win, you just needed your dice to roll on a 5 or 6 and you were set, but Azul rolled the perfect number and won. "God dammit!! I was so close!"

Idia wasn't doing any better. He was about to pull the hair off his scalp.
"I can't believe this!" he groaned. Azul was enjoying the reactions of his loser friends.

"What did I tell you both?" you were glaring at Azul but he just laughed. "I told you I will win and I did. You just have to accept the fact that you won't beat me."

"You were lucky I was going easy on you, Azul! You would've been left shocked at my skills and luck." Azul in response laughed at your statement.

"Oh, yeah, I'm sure!" he was enjoying this very much.
"I want a rematch! I'm not going to take this loss like this! Right, Yuu?" Idia, being so focused on the game and his loss, forgot all about his nervousness of his crush on you and was forcefully reminded of it when he watched your face for confirmation.

You looked back at him and nodded, "Of course! This time I'll show you what I'm capable of." By the second sentence you watched Azul in the eye.

In the small few moments you looked at each other, you had such determination in your eyes it dazed Idia. He felt the blood rise to his cheeks. He had luck that you turned to look at Azul while he tried to calm himself and his pink hair tips.
Azul however, saw Idia in the corner of his eye and knew something was going on.

"Sure, we'll have a rematch. But don't cry to me when you'll lose again." Azul smirked confidently.

And the rematch, as the first game went, both you and Idia lost to Azul and his tactic of rolling dice. And as the first game went, a rematch was wanted.
And then everything repeated. Azul wins, you two complain and want a rematch, and ultimately lose the rematch.

Through one of the many rematches, Azul observed you and Idia. He noticed Idia throwing a glance or two your way then quickly looking the other way when you looked back at him. Azul quickly put two and two together. Idia had a crush on you and was acting like a lovesick fool.

And since Azul wasn't paying his full attention in throwing his dice, it happened once or twice for the dice to land on a number that didn't help him at all. Catching onto that, you two tried your best to use this opportunity to get further to the finish line.
And by some luck you got first and won, Azul being a few places behind from winning.

Azul to say the least was shocked. You wanted to jump from your seat out of sheer happiness. Instead, you grabbed Idia's hand and held it up in victory.
Idia was rendered speechless. He looked between you and your holding hands. His brain fried and was about to explode.
As you cheered a little more, you looked at Idia being a blushing mess. The tips of his hair were flaring pink and his face was red.

You thought it was because Idia wasn't used to the sudden contact, you thought you scared him. Even though you were partially right, you couldn't know this.
You let go of his hand, apologizing for your sudden outburst. Idia, still red in the face, shyly told you it was fine.

Azul couldn't stop thinking this was, as Idia would say, from a romcom. It was going to take quite a while until either you realized or Idia would make a move, but it was obvious the former was more likely.

This is becoming a romcom anime, Idia couldn't help think. Even though it was a little hard to grasp that he would be your love interest, a little part of him wished he was.