Horror movies past midnight

Idia leaned back on his chair, smiling widely at the upgraded gear he was adorned in. Isn't he a genius?? The lab gear was pretty good already, but with a few changes and upgrades the gear was to its full potential! It looked cool, and now it serves some purpose to him outside of classes. The goggles for example, were upgraded to protect the eye of the blue light! He can now enjoy his game sessions without his eyes hurting or getting any headaches! How cool is that??

Now ready to enjoy the game session with his friend Muscle Red, he loaded up the game.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Saturday night, perfect to spend your time awake up to ungodly hours doing anything and everything with your good friends. Like watching a horror movie past midnight, to shake up in your boots in the dark room.

Ace somehow managed to acquire the most popular horror movie at the moment.
An evil mad scientist who died and became a ghost, now roams to possess people to conduct experiments on themselves! Even from the description of the movie, you were sure this movie is going to contain a bunch of gory and detailed scenes of the scientist conducting his experiments on his victims. And you were right.

The four of you sitting on the couch, all wrapped in a blanket for warmth, and maybe to even hide youselves in, were watching this mad scientist going around to find the unlucky person that is going to become his lab rat essentially. At some point throughout the movie you realized you were out on snacks. And what way would be best to decide who goes, if none other than a good ol' match of rock-paper-scissors!

"BWHA?!?" Grim screeched, shocked to see he lost because he chose paper, and got absolutely crushed by scissors.
Ace bursted out laughing, with you chuckling quietly until Grim shot you a glare and you tried to hold it in. Deuce smiled pitifully at Grim, but as much, or little, pity you would feel for your companion, he had to go buy snacks.

And so, Grim reluctantly trudged forward to the school's vending machine, at 2 am, being surrounded by darkness.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Grim couldn't help but grumble under his breath as he walked toward the vending machine.

"Ugh, I'm not gonna pick paper ever again. Next time I'm going with scissors!"

As Grim continued to grumble and complain, something white flashed in front of him.
"MRAH?! Wha.. What was that?!" Grim examined his surroundings. Something white with blue flashed by him. Could it be... the scientist from the movie?!

With a new found fear, Grim was even more reluctant to buy the snacks. He certainly didn't want to end up as an experiment!

As he trudged forward to the vending machine, Grim suddenly heard a creepy voice beckoning him,
"C'meree.. c'mere kitty..." at this, Grim's fur stood on end, now completely scared.

The voice got louder and louder as a figure enveloped in blue light was coming closer and closer to him.
"C'meree kitty kitty..." the person was in Grim's face, towering him, as the person smiled in such a sinister way, as if to show his sharp teeth, and with his hands ready to grab Grim at any moment.

Grim let out a blood curling scream, then fell on the floor with a thud.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Idia walked closer to the cat, showing it his friendly smile. The moment he saw the cat scream and fall down, he blinked confused. He took a closer look at the cat and realized it was Grim.
"Oh, it's you Mr. Grim. I thought you were a cat.." he looked around for a moment, having no idea what else to say.

"So.. Mr. Grim you're, uh, awfully quiet today." Idia looked at Grim sprawled on the floor, unconscious.
"Uh, Mr. Grim??" now worried, Idia looked around not knowing what to do.

The moment he got an idea on what to do, he heard footsteps coming closer his way. He quickly glanced at poor Grim and muttered a quiet "Sorry, Mr. Grim.." and sped up from there.

Not after a few more moments Idia's departure, you appeared with Ace by your side, calling out for Grim until you saw him on the floor.

You ran at him, picking him up, confused of what had happened. Ace sent you a questioning look as you shrug, confused yourself.
"What did Grim saw?" you asked aloud, not expecting any response as Ace went to the vending machine and bought the snacks.

"I have no idea, let's just go back. We paused the movie on the most important part! I need to see what's going on!" you nodded as you walked back with Ace to Ramshackle when Grim stirs awake, groaning,
"Evil mad scientist spirit.. beckoning me.."

You raised an eyebrow at him, "What?"
"The evil mad scientist spirit was here! He was beckoning me just now!" Grim flared his paws up like a madman.

"Evil mad scientist? Are you sure Grim? You aren't just tired?" Ace asked, pointing a soda can at him. Grim shook his head vehemently, growing annoyed.
"I know what I saw! It was the evil mad scientist!"

You sighed and responded, "I believe you Grim, let's go back and finish the movie, alright?" Grim remained silent for a second then nodded, "Fine."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Days passed since the incident with Grim and the whole school was murmuring about a rumor. It was said the spirit of an evil scientist, cloaked in pale-blue flames was roaming the halls at night, looking for kids to experiment on.

As you overheard the students in cafeteria whispering not so quietly about the rumor, you had a suspicion. A scientist cloaked in blue flame, huh?

Ortho, who was also present in the cafeteria heard and quickly realized Idia went out in his lab gear, even after Ortho specifically told him not to! He'll need to have a talk to his big brother about this..

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After Idia got scolded by Ortho and his lab gear was taken from him, he received a message from you.

ramshackleprfct
have you heard of this new rumor? apparently there's the spirit of an evil scientist roaming the halls of the school, surrounded by blue flames.
strange right? you wouldn't have any idea who could be, don't you?

Idia cringed at the message. You already knew?

gloomurai
you know already, don't you??

ramshackleprfct
i caught on the moment i heard of the blue flames. you're the only one here who has blue flames for hair, besides ortho lol
soo.. are you perhaps responsible for making grim faint??

gloomurai
srry for that. i wanted to apologize sooner
i confused grim with a cat, so i smiled and called for him
don't understand why he fainted tho

ramshackleprfct
i mean, you wearing that lab coat scared him
we were watching the popular horror movie with the scientist spirit, and he confused you for it lol
poor grim, he was scared shitless :')

gloomurai
rlly sorry for that :'(

Idia sighed defeated, his cool lab gear gone now.