Escaping Part 2

We pulled up into my fathers house.

"Why are we here?" I said in a monotone voice.

"Because there are answers in here that you need to understand."

Well he is right..because I don't understand. I thought that they kidnapped me to get back at my dad or whatever, but now I have escaped and he is taking me to my old house. So I have a right to be confused.

"That's the thing Joey, I don't understand. Shouldn't I be dead now...I mean you guys did kidnap me to torture me and get a reaction from my father...so what changed?" I asked.

"Look just go in the house and look for somethings. Jessica said that there are multiple tapes in there that should explain some things...I don't know. When your done, you can stay here or leave. Your father's car is in the garage along with money."

I stepped out of the car and watched as Joey drove off. I walked up the stairs of my old house thinking that it has been a long time since I have been here. And honestly I really don't want to go in there because my father kicked me out and left me on the streets to die. I don't even want to have a memory of this monster, but I know that if I don't find some kind of closure, I'll always be on edge about some things. People always say that you always need the information to close a chapter of your life in order to start a new one.

So with slight hesitation, I walked up the stairs and opened the door. The smell of my father's cigars invaded my nose. The house seemed so...depressing. Like someone died in here.

When I was still living here, the house was so busy and no one stopped working. My father was a semi- happy man until my mom died. Then he just started to...go out of control.

My father was a drug dealer. That's why we have this big mansion and everything. I couldn't have the expensive things like any rich person should have but I had enough. Then one day my father decided to kick me out. I remember that day like it was my last one because honestly, that is what it felt like.

*Memory*

"You can't kick me out!? I didn't do anything!" I yelled.

"Yes you did, you are the reason your mother died and I will not let a murderer live in my house!"

"I am not a murderer! It's not my fault that you couldn't handle the business correctly. You murdered mom. If you would have just listened to her when she said to leave the business, she wouldn't be dead. So don't you for a second blame this on me!"

He was so angry. His face was red and I am pretty sure I saw steam coming out of his ears.

"Get out of my house you disgusting and worthless sh*t. I never want to see you again!"

"You know what...I will gladly leave this hell hole. Anything is better than to have to breath in your drugs. You know...maybe I should run down to the police station and tell them what kind of business you're running!"

I ran up the stairs and packed a few of my things because I knew that I would be having to come back anyway. Just as I was about to leave, I turned around and was instantly punched in the face.

It felt like days after I woke up but initially it was hours. I was left on a hard and cold ground with none of my belongings. I thought for sure that I would die there.

*End of memory*

I wiped a tear that slid down my cheek. I walked to my father's office and sat in his chair.

"I don't even know what I am supposed to be looking for." I muttered.

I through the papers off of my father's desk and kicked everything that I saw. I kicked a box and instantly regretted.

"Stupid box."

I saw a few cd's scatter onto the floor and I picked one up.

"To Kacie."

I went to go put it in the cd player and turned the TV on.

"My sweet Kacie. If you are watching this then I am probably dead and for that I am sorry."

I paused the video and looked at her in horror. It was my mom and she looked so beautiful. I missed everything about her.

"I can't do this." I said to myself.

"But you have to if you want to escape your past and close this chapter in your life."

"Shutup you stupid conscious." I said.

I knew that my mind was right and now look at me..I am going crazy. You can never escape your past but you can always try to not look back on it. The only way I can do that is if I finish what I started.

=============================================================

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How was this chapter?

Any thoughts on Kacie and her old home?

Any thoughts on what happened to her father?

ANYWAYS

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

THANKS LOVELIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!