MONDSTADT | First Meeting

KAEYA

Working as an adventurer for the Adventurer's Guild was never easy with the various amount of requests and commissions ranging from simple deliveries to those which were more dangerous such as defending a place of importance from hilichurls. The best ones were the most dangerous ones; if you were looking for quick mora that is. [name] was luckily in the right place at the right time.

A man donned in the Knights of Favonius uniform sauntered up to Katheryn whom [name] was talking to. Katheryn helped the knight since the two women were striking up a conversation.

"The Acting Grand Master needs assistance with a few things, that I cannot disclose but the one who would accept the request would be heavily rewarded." The knight explained to the brunette.

"Well, I believe we may have a taker already..." Katheryn turned her head with a smile ghosting on her lips. [name] didn't notice until it was too late; she was subconsciously leaning herself onto the counter to get a good look at the paper. She leaned back on her heels, coughing to cover up what little dignity she had left.

"Ahem...well...if it's for the Acting Grand Master, why not?" No, actually...she was in it for the mora. A little greedy, yes...but she had to eat, and pay her dues for housing and other things. Katheryn gave the adventurer a thumbs up as she was escorted away by the knight.

The Favonius Headquarters was always a building she admired. How pristine it looked on the outside...there were only rare occasions that she was allowed in. Mostly because of the library or her relatively close relationship with Klee. The first floor was quiet but she could see one or two knights standing guard near doors on the right-hand side.

"Please wait out here, I will inform the Acting Grand Master of your arrival." The knight disappeared into the first door on the left leaving [name] in the quiet hallway. It was dimly lit, the natural lighting doing very little due to the time of day.

The adventurer was too busy examining her surroundings...and didn't notice the few knights tense up at the new arrival coming from the stairs all the way towards the Acting Grand Master's door. Specifically where [name] was standing.

Now she noticed. Of course she would...the deep blue hair, the eye patch, and flamboyant clothing. She'd only heard of him, only glimpses of him she was only rarely able to see. He turned his head ever so slightly with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Didn't someone ever tell you that it's rude to stare?" The Calvary Captain lit up the room with his voice, a very playful attitude obviously melting into his words. It was clear that he wasn't mad but very amused and he made that clear to everyone in this hall. Her ears burned as she leaned her head back.

"You just surprised me, that's all." The knight exited the room, likely her saving grace. He turned his head away from the woman and nodded respectfully to the Calvary Captain.

"She's ready to see you." The knight motioned to the inside of the room and [name] quickly took the opportunity to escape the awkward situation and delved into the office of the Acting Grand Master. Now, she knew that Jean was only in this position temporarily, Varka being on an exhibition they appointed Jean in his absence.

"Welcome in, [name]," Jean looked over a stack of papers before up at the woman, and then...the Grand Master's eyes flickered to [name]'s right, "Kaeya. Can you get the door?" The blue-haired man obliged, shutting the door behind the two of them with a knowing smile when he turned to see [name] looking at him in confusion.

"So, [name]. I looked over your Adventurer's Guild file and you seem like an extremely talented individual. I would like to request a commission from the Knights of Favonius ourselves. It would span a few weeks so it may take your time away from other commissions." The blonde explained as she stood up to directly express these things. [name]'s heart sank as she weighed the pros and cons of this job.