MONDSTADT | Continuation

KAEYA

It's been about a day and [name] hasn't been contacted by the Knights of Favonius. She was getting quite nervous considering they could have easily replaced her if they wished. But wouldn't they tell her beforehand?

She was currently drowning her sorrows at the Angel's Share. She wasn't a drinker but she didn't mind Angel's Share's drinks, even the nonalcoholic ones. It was too early to get drunk or tipsy so she was dining on some Apple Cider. Though since that was gone in less than ten minutes she rested her head on her arms that were laying on the wooden table as she watched a few Knights of Favonius drink while on duty.

She grumbled to herself before burying her face downwards into darkness. It wasn't long though before that peace was interrupted with a chilly chuckle.

"Heh, I didn't know you were such a slacker..." That got her up. Her wide eyes met the familiar figure of the Calvary Captain. Her chest tightened in awkwardness with the way she was acting and how she looked, straightening out her hair.

"I have nothing better to do." She pushed an excuse out as he pulled out a chair to join her. She did mind...just a little but didn't complain.

"I would have thought our little lady here was more popular with how many completed commissions on record." He folded his hands in front of him, leaning forward on the table. She leaned back in her chair at that gesture.

"Well this current commission seems very important but I haven't got a word back."

"And why do you think I'm here?" All was quiet after that comment. His sly smile didn't leave within the silence but he let out a chuckle, relaxing in his chair to ease the tension. "It's nothing to worry about. We're just going to be setting off to the three Temples. Though we recently cleared them of the Abyss presence there are some unwanted visitors." Kaeya explained in full.

[name] stood up, dusting herself off of any sort of dirt before placing a few extra Mora on the table.

"As an adventurer, you're always ready to take on a job so I'm prepared, are you?"

~

The Temple of the Wolf, Temple of the Falcon, Temple of the Lion. These were only three of the Four Winds but these temples were abandoned so they made great places for hideouts. Unfortunately for anyone thinking that, they were littered with traps and the occasional hilichurl.

"My, you're quite crafty with that sword."

"Can't remember the last time I've heard that." [name] huffed while making sure the Electro Abyss Mage was deceased, turning into particles that made the air spark with elemental energy. Kaeya had been throwing out comments like that with each Temple. Thankfully for [name], this was the last of the three.

"Now, seeing how once we get to the exit, I believe that will be the end of the commission, correct?" [name] let her sword go, watching it as it vanished.

"Is that what you really thought?" She felt a cold presence at her side. The adventurer processed those words. "This commission isn't over yet. This was simply the first day."

She bit the inside of her cheek before forcing herself to look at his smug face. "Then I guess I'll have to bear with you for a bit longer."

"I'm looking forward to our continued patronage."

VENTI

[name] hadn't shown up at the Angel's Share to help out for a few days. The woman had shown up there, but not to work. She was watching people. Watching for that single green bard from that specific night.