OTHER | Continuation

DAINSLEIF

It seemed like that blond-haired man didn't get the message the first time. Or the second time.

Or the third time.

At this point, she was ready to just go to the Knights of Favonius but for some reason, something in her gut just screamed at her not to. It was such an irrational thing to do--if you had a stalker surely the right thing to do would be to go to the authorities.

But no, she'd rather take this into her own hands.

By going out into the middle of Windrise and drawing him out! At this point she hadn't seen him posing any harm to her bodily person so logically speaking he had some sort of plan or other agenda up his sleeve.

Who knows? Maybe he was working with an organization and she was leading herself down to her demise, that was a risk she was willing to take!

The air was uncommonly chilly, maybe that should have been the first sign of danger but she brushed it off as the way of the wind being blown straight from Dragonspine. She was dressed rather well but the sleeves of her blouse were made of a fine material and didn't offer much against the fierce cold.

She waited on the step before the Archon Statue for quite a while but she could not see any sign of him. Well, that would give away the ruse of following her, would it not?

Then she heard it; a very quiet high-pitched laugh. The woman stood up immediately, facing the large tree. Slowly out of the right corner of the large trunk ice crept up. A creature appeared in a bubble. It was floating. She knew what this was...an Abyss Mage.

She knew ways to defend herself but against an Abyss Mage? She was practically defenseless. The Archons did not quite yet deem her special for a vision. She was lucky enough to dodge out of the way, three small icicles covering the grass where she once stood with pure frost.

It cackled once more and started speaking. It was speaking and it formed sentences like a normal human would but she couldn't understand a thing. No--that wasn't it, she could understand some sounds, similar to Teyvat's common language, the letters...but it was difficult for her brain to form the complete sentences in her head.

The strangest thing; why could she hear it?

"My lady, move!" A hand gently moved her to the side as a flash of dark blue and black made its way forward. The man from before, he had been here.

The Abyss Mage wasn't expecting him due to its shocked yelp. To [name], she could not see a vision on his person but that did not matter here. In a matter of moments, the man reached out towards the Abyss Mage's shield and his hand moved straight through it, gripping the creature by what looked like the neck.

And once she blinked the Abyss Mage was gone. Particles floated in the wind but there was still that same icy chill in the air. She hadn't realized it yet but the man had turned to her and approached her; only a few steps away.

"You're not hurt?" A simple question.

"No--but...why? Who even are you? How..." She was in shock, it was evident in her expression. The blond-haired man's eyes softened just a bit as he knelt down and lowered his head.

"My name is Dainsleif. You are [name]...someone very precious to where I come from; you're the last one alive."

That was frighteningly correct. He'd gotten her name right and she didn't quite know her parents since they were but blurs in her mind. Every time she tried to remember them it would just be pushed further back into her mind.