Chapter 10 - 7:21 A.M.

I was lost in the woods. I could hear people, my parents I instinctively knew, were calling for me, trying to find me as I was trying to find them. The woods were dark - like the sun couldn't penetrate through the canopy - hopeless, the colors muted. I wandered, blindly searching, hearing their voices on the wind, when a hooded figure stepped out from behind one of the conifer trees. It was menacing, and I turned and walked in a different direction, but another hooded figure stepped out, blocking the path. I changed directions once again and encountered three more hooded figures. 

They're witches, my mind whispered to me, They're the reason you're separated from your parents - your family

I stumbled into a clearing, the trees forming a perfect circle. The witches emerged from the trees, circling me from all sides. I was in the middle of the clearing, completely surrounded when I stared up at the sky and saw the moon before the hooded figures descended upon me.

I woke up to the sound of thunder. 

I'd slept like absolute shit the night before, thanks to a nightmare I hadn't had in several months, probably not helped by the circling thoughts on Henry's fairytale theories from the night before. A reoccurring nightmare since childhood. I thought since it had been so long since I'd had one maybe I'd finally grown out of it but I guess not. Oddly enough, one of the voices I'd heard on the wind sounded familiar, almost like Mary Margaret? 

I poured coffee and checked my phone, shaking off the nightmare and the thoughts. I saw a message from Mr. Gold letting me know he'd be stopping by later today due to some incoming storms to make sure the apartment was prepped. He'd be by around 9 and implored me to watch the weather. I had woken up extra early, thanks to the nightmare and tossing and turning from the night before, and was able to have another cup of coffee and do a little morning yoga all before 7.

As I was getting dressed, I was listening to the weather from the TV downstairs – Storybrooke was expected to have a major storm system moving up the coast with the worst of it hitting in the early evening - when I noticed a text from Emma. She had a suspicion Mary Margaret was up to something and asked if I knew anything. I told her technically no, but I had seen her at Granny's nearly every morning for the last several days around the same time that David was also conveniently there. 

What can I say, I'm nosy, I notice these things. 

We decided to corner Mary Margaret and confront her about the David of it all at 7:21 at Granny's. I clicked off the TV, rinsed out my coffee cup before putting it in the sink, threw on my boots and scarf, and headed out the door. 

I arrived at Granny's at exactly 7:21 a.m. – surprising Mary Margaret and pulling up a chair at the table she and Emma were sitting at. We found out that Mary Margaret had been coming here every morning because David came here every morning at 7:15 to get coffee. Emma pointed out that he was also getting coffee for his wife, and poor Mary Margaret, was just down bad for this poor previously comatose married guy. We made jokes, but it boiled down to the fact that Mary just couldn't put him out of her head.

I understood all too well the spell Mary Margaret was under – I'd been there before in a very similar situation – but Emma urged for a clean break. Start by not coming to Granny's tomorrow morning, and avoid her stalker mindset and therefore temptation. We all parted ways after having breakfast and I headed to the office. Once I arrived, I was called in by the Office Manager who informed me that after I dropped off my papers in their dispensers, I was good to leave for the day, as well as having the following day off due to the storms, all paid of course. She also let me know that they would be in touch if the office would be closed past the weekend but to enjoy my long weekend and  to"stay dry!"