Chapter 10 - Another Frame Job

That night Emma and Henry stayed at my place to give our parents some much-needed and well-deserved privacy. There was going to be an official welcome back celebration at Granny's the following day for Snow, Emma, and me now that we were back. 

There was a lot to catch up on.

The next morning after getting ready and eating breakfast, we were about to head to the store to grab stuff for the potluck before heading to Mary Margaret's when Mr. Gold reminded me that my lease had expired the day the curse broke and requested I come and sign a new lease or vacate. 

I rolled my eyes but sent Emma and Henry on without me, following him into his store and signing another lease. Apparently, a curse breaking and falling through a portal to another realm for nearly 11 days didn't constitute some grace with the infamous Mr. Gold in regard to lease extensions. You'd think he wouldn't even bother collecting rent now that the curse was broken but whatever.

By the time I was done with Gold and his annoying questions I did my best to avoid answering, I met up with Henry and Emma and helped with one of the bags from the grocery store as we walked up the stairs to the loft. When we walked in, we - meaning Emma and I - got traumatized for life by finding our parents in bed. 

Emma, bless her, at least tried to talk to them, but I made a beeline for the kitchen - happy to focus on making a zillion tacos for Granny's Welcome Back party that was going to happen tonight and not focus on the fact that they hadn't even bothered to get dressed knowing we were coming.

Once the tacos were made I left my family - that was still so weird to think about - and headed back to my place to get ready for the party. I met everyone outside Granny's and when we walked in everyone cheered. There were decorations and even a "Welcome Home Mary Margaret and Emma and Hannah" banner. Everyone was so happy to see Mary Margaret and Emma - Ruby rushed in and gave me a hug - but otherwise, I didn't really know anyone there. 

At least until Graham walked in. He swept me into a giant bear hug and told me he had heard every story I'd told him while he was in that coma, had enjoyed every visit, and appreciated my updates. He and Emma locked eyes and I stepped away so they could have their moment, happy to see my friend up and around and very much still himself. 

David gave a speech and Regina came to the party, bringing a bomb-ass lasagna that everyone devoured. Regina's cooking was so good, why did she have to have a history of poisoning?

Mary Margaret and David, as well as everyone else, weren't happy to have her there, but Emma had invited her, and I spoke up and agreed it was a good idea, I had invited her last night and they all looked at me. I spoke my thoughts from yesterday, that I believed Regina was genuinely trying, for Henry, and it was for Henry that we should all be willing to give her that chance. They agreed, hesitantly, but I could tell Snow and David were holding something back.

I joined Regina and Henry in a booth not long after and she passed me a small smile. We chatted for a bit before our friend Marie Kirkland came in. Marie and I had met a few months back, before the curse had broken, and became fast friends, bonding over our mutual love of dancing in the rain. We had managed to find nearly every restaurant in town and got coffee together regularly before the curse broke. Marie ran the dance studio in town and babysat Henry when he was growing up - she was probably the closest thing to a friend Regina had had during the 28-year curse. We hugged before she grabbed a plate and went to join Regina - Henry no longer at the booth. 

I found out her real name was Clara, from The Nutcracker and the Mouse King in this realm, and I demanded we meet up the next morning to catch up properly. I left her and Regina in the booth to join Emma, who was now talking to Archie while Graham was talking with Snow. I remembered he'd been the huntsman who had spared Snow White's life, and this was the first time they'd seen each other since the curse broke and they knew who they really were to one another.