𝟎𝟓

The Reckoning

Klaus resisted the urge to snap Karina's neck. As soon as they had gotten back in the truck, the heretic had been talking his ear off.

"No, I just don't understand why we had to come here." The blonde whined.

He sighed as they both got out. It was now dark and the bright blue truck was parked in the parking lot of Mystic Falls High.

"And I have explained to you, every single time, Elena is, in-fact, alive. So we have every reason of being back here." She dramatically groaned again as they neared round to the back of the truck.

Prying open the door, Daphne was stirring awake and Rebekah sighed. "Finally." She muttered.

"You three stay here, wait for him to wake up, I'm going to find Elena." Klaus spoke, most likely tired of this as well.

Karina rolled her eyes but nodded nevertheless. "Oh, but Nik, I've never been in a high school before." He rolled his eyes.

"Calm, Rebekah. Once Stefan wakes up, you three can join the party." And with that, Klaus walked off. "Good luck!" Karina called after him. The only sound of a reply was the subtle slam of the high school doors.

"I have cards." Daphne lifted up the small set from her pocket.

Rebekah playfully rolled her eyes as she sat back down. There wasn't much room to sit around the cards that were being set out so Karina grabbed Stefan's arm. Dragging him out of the truck and onto the concrete floor.

The other two just looked at her in amusement.

───────────

Nearly 20 minutes had passed and... nothing. They had given up on the cards after about 5 minutes, Klaus hadn't come back and Stefan was still dead.

"All right. I've had enough." The eldest blonde shuffled herself off of the ledge, her booted feet landing firmly on the ground.

Rebekah narrowed her eyes at her. "What are you doing?" She asked, trying to ignore Daphne's light snores.

Karina only ignored her and proceeded to kick Stefan, when that did nothing and she crouched beside him, biting into her wrist and letting the blood drip past his parted lips.

The Salvatore quickly stirred and had begun twitching. Rebekah slightly chuckled at the other blonde's impatience, turning to the red-head opposite her and lightly patting her knee.

She quickly opened her eyes, it was helpful when she sometimes was a light sleeper.

"Is it awake yet?" Daphne rubbed her eye at an angle so her mascara wouldn't smudge, as the others chuckled at her.

"It?" The Mikaelson questioned, to which the McCoy vampire simply nodded.

"To answer your question-" No... was what Karina was about to say until Stefan annoyingly and loudly groaned, turning on his side.

They all rolled their eyes, "Now, it is." The Salvatore quickly turned and looked up at Karina, then seeing Rebekah and Daphne who were sitting on the edge of the truck, their legs swinging freely.

"What happened?" His throat was dry as Karina's small drops of blood wasn't enough for him.

"You got your ass beat." The eldest put it simply.