Chapter 50

Armin: Hey, Mikasa, what do you think? Do you want to go help Eren?

Mikasa: I would say "yes." Except, knowing what he told me, I'm not sure if I want to or if my blood is telling me to. I'm an Ackerman. My will's not my own.

Sasha: Huh?

Armin: Look, Mikasa. I think Eren made that up to mess with your head.

Mikasa: No, he was on to something. He asked if I get headaches, and I do. What makes you think he was lying?

Armin: What makes me think h— Guys. Do you actually believe Eren wants to stop all Eldians from having children? You honestly think he'd go along with that?

Jean: It doesn't really strike me as something Eren would want, but I can't say that it's more than he's willing-

Armin: Well I can say it! He would never do that!

Connie: You don't think so? Did you think he'd work with Zeke and Yelena? Or turn you into the Colossal?

Armin: He's just pretending to! Don't you see? Eren's the one with the Founding Titan's power, so he doesn't need to fight Zeke! With the Colossal, I think Eren is trying to give us a fighting chance, but I'm sure. Eren been gone for a long time, who knows what he could had talked about with Yelena and Zeke, he probably didn't have many options back then! But now, Eren has Yelena and Zeke completely convinced that he's on their side. He's in control. He can use the rumbling to protect the island! Nobody will dare lay a hand on Paradis for the next 50 years!

They all stood there in silence as they looked at one another.

Artur: Hey. Can me and mine head home now?

Sasha: I'm really sorry. Just hang tight for a little longer, okay dad?

Jean: I've been calling Eren a suicidal manic ever since we met in the Cadet Corps. I always knew that shithead would lead us straight to hell if we gave him the chance. But even knowing that, I was still jealous of him. For being cool enough to do it.

Armin: Huh?

Jean: It pisses me off that I have to say this. But it's the truth. I'm not ready to see Eren die just yet.

Connie: Me neither. I owe that guy a beat down. Marley can get the hell back in line.

Onyankopon: Let's go.

They then start to run up the stairs as Sasha came up next to Niccolo.

Sasha: Protect my family.

Niccolo nodded as he turned back towards them.

Niccolo: Stay close. I'm gonna get you home.

Niccolo turned backed around as he ran up the stairs with Sasha's family following him. Farther up the stairs, Armin and Mikasa were running side by side with each other.

Mikasa: If Eren's been hiding his true intentions from Yelena and the others, they why'd he push us all away instead of telling us? Whatever his real plan is. Why would he have told me that he hates me? And told Anakin that he also hates him, all the way back when we took back Shiganshina?

Armin: There must be a reason. Anyway, Eren, Anakin, and I have know about your headaches for a long time now. My guess is that everything else he said was made up, and he used one real detail to make the rest of the story more believable. He couldn't tell the truth in that situation, but once all this is over, we can ask him about it, okay?

Mikasa: Okay.

Outside, Reiner has gotten free as he ran at Eren, driving a spike into Eren's Titan, pinning him against a building.