chapter nineteen.

Narrator's POV

The bright beaming sun hits Minji's face, causing her to wake up. She threw her arm over to the other side of the bed, expecting to feel the smaller girl but, she wasn't there. This caused her eyes to flutter open. She looked around their bedroom, trying to spot Hanni but, was nowhere to be found until she heard voices coming from outside. Minji rubs her eyes and slowly gets up, slipping into her slippers. She opens the door quietly, still half asleep and barely aware.

"Minji! You're awake!" Hanni quickly runs up to the girl and throws her arms around the her. This action startles Minji, who barely has her eyes open, hair still messy.

"Good morning, what are you guys doing?" Minji asks, hugging Hanni back.

"Making breakfast and gossiping." Hanni lifts her head so, her chin was on Minji's chest, staring at her cutely. Minji looks down with a little smile and pinches Hanni's mochi-like cheeks a few times. Hanni puckers her lips, asking for a kiss. Minji laughs and lowers her head to place a little peck on the shorter girl's lips before pulling her into embrace again.

"You guys make me want to jump out a window." Hyein says, flipping the eggs.

"The height difference makes you guys even more adorable." Dani squeals. Haerin smiles but, not at the couple.. but at Dani. Minji and Hanni seem to notice as they have switched their positioning. Hanni's now hugging Minji from the side as Minji drapes her arm around Hanni's shoulder, keeping her close.

"So, when are you two going to date?" Minji smirks, pointing at the two, seeing Haerin starting to panic.

"Minji." Hanni slaps the taller girl's chest.

"Ow.. what- Did you not see Haerin just now?" Minji winced, rubbing the area Hanni smacked.

"Enough funny business, come here so we can start eating." Dani pours the last cup of coffee, setting it up so everyone has a cup.

Minji laughs as she walks towards the counter. Hanni rolls her eyes, feeling the second-hand embarrassment and awkwardness Haerin probably just felt. The five all ate breakfast together and laughed at stupid jokes. They felt like one whole family again, everyone was happy.

"Hyein, how's that song coming along?" Minji asks, stuffing a forkful of eggs into her mouth. Hyein has always wanted to pursue in music. It was a dream of hers ever since she was a baby. She has an angelic voice that could soothe your pain in a matter of seconds.

"Great, it's actually almost done. I just need to revise some of the parts and should be ready to record in a week." Hyein claps her hands together.

"Perfect, let me know and I'll let my parents know we have an upcoming star ready to sweep everyone in the world off their feet." Minji smiled. The comment made Dani giggle. "Aw, I can't wait for our little star to be changing the world." Dani says as she rubs Hyein's back.

Minji catches Haerin staring at Dani again, with much adoration. "Haerin, you're being a little too obvious don't you think?" Haerin then redirects her attention to Minji. "What do you.. mean?" Haerin furrows her brows. Dani looks at Haerin, to Minji, and back to Haerin.

"What happened?" Dani asks.

"Haerin wa-" Before Minji could finish, she felt a little hand on top of her mouth. It was Hanni, she was glaring at Minji, telling her to shut up. "Minji." Hanni says sternly. Minji just nodded her head, understanding that she shouldn't say what was about to come out of her mouth next.

"What? What.. I want to know! Hey, that's not fair!" Dani sulks.

"Haerin has a cr-" Minji started again before she was silenced by Hanni's sudden lips on her lips. Minji was taken by surprise at first but, allowed herself to kiss Hanni back. "If that's how you're going to shut me up, I might just keep talking Hanni." Minji smirks. "Shut up." Hanni slaps Minji's thighs before going back to her food. Minji continues to tease Hanni as Dani laughs at them, with Haerin staring at Dani and Hyein smirking at the sight of the four.