chapter twenty five.

Narrator's POV

It's now around 5pm the next night. The five spent all day yesterday just relaxing and settling down. Today, Minji has been out all day doing business and running errands with her parents, while the other four went shopping and exploring around Busan. Hanni hasn't seen Minji since early morning, and she is getting a little upset, annoyed, and impatient. The four are all gathered in the bedroom Dani and Haerin shared, trying on and showing off what they got today.

"Cute! That fits you so well Dani." Hyein claps, sitting on the floor, looking up at Dani wearing a flowy floral dress, as she does a little spin. Haerin quietly admires Dani from the bed, with a little smile. Hanni's silently staring at the floor with no expression or reaction.

"What's wrong Hanni?" Dani stops spinning and sits down in front of Hanni on the floor. Haerin gets off the bed and joins them as well.

"I miss Minji." Hanni lowly lets out.

"Ah, don't worry, she'll be back soon. We have that event to go to tonight anyway."

"Do you guys think I'm selfish?" Hanni randomly asks, leaving the other three speechless.

"N..No? Why so sudden?" Dani replies.

"I know Minji wants to hold my hand, hug me, kiss me in public, but I can't seem to get myself to be comfortable with that. I feel guilty for always pushing her away and I feel like by being like this, I'm making her upset."

"Hanni..." Dani places her hand gently on Hanni's shoulder. "Minji loves you, she is a patient and loving girl. I'm sure she isn't upset over it. You're your own person, your feelings are completely valid." Dani smiles.

"But.. you can't forget that being in a relationship means having sacrifices. At one point, you will have to drop those feelings and let her show you off. I'm sure she can't be patient forever. You can't hide your love forever. It doesn't work like that.. especially since Minji's so popular.. people are bound to find out." Hyein chimes in.

"That's what I'm scared of..."

"What are you even scared of? That people will treat you differently?" Hyein asks.

"This whole liking a girl thing.. I don't know how to feel, I'm new to the whole thing. I don't like the attention that comes with it."

"Would you rather be the one to announce it or for people to find out themselves?" Haerin finally speaks up, after silently observing.

"None."

"Hanni, you have to choose one because one is bound to happen... that's if you see a future for the two of you." Dani says. Hanni stays silent.

"So do you see a future with Minji.. or... not?" Dani very hesitantly asks.

Hanni's POV:

I don't know. I want to. I want to see a future. I want to marry Minji but, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

"I guess."

"I guess? That's not very promising." Hyein says sternly. Hyein seems a little upset at me.

"Why are you so upset Hyein?" I furrow my eyebrows, upset that she's so upset.

"Hanni, Minji loves you so much. It's so obvious and it's so relevant how you're feeling but, I can't seem to ignore the fact that Minji is being so patient right now, but she doesn't know how patient she has to be because you don't seem to understand your own feelings."

"I-" I'm speechless.

"Yah, Hyein, don't you think you're being a little harsh there?" Dani pokes.

"No. Hanni, what else are you asking for? What are you so scared of? Rejection? You got approval from her parents, WE love you guys together, what can be stopping you?" Hyein continues, getting more and more upset.