Don't insult an angry deadly demon

A bottle shot past Tango's head, smashing into the spruce wall of the bar. He maneuvered around other men. They were either straggling, punching, slicing, or something worse, to some unlucky drunk fellow. Jeez, these men were drunk as fuck.

Tango had to dodge flying weaponry, sneak behind small fights, or have to jump over overturned furniture. He was near the back now. It was safer, if you call a bar fight safe at all. He had his back to the wall, to make sure no one was going to come over and attempt murder. He screamed when a hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him behind a upturned table, out of sight of the fight. He was pressed against someone, this someone had hand over his mouth, and the other locked around his arms.

He screamed and twisted, trying to get loose from the hold. He stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"Stop squirming, it's just me," his captive whispered loudly. He knew that voice. It was his older brother, ImpulseSV. It was comforting to know that he wasn't being kidnapped by a stranger, but he was totally going to punch him later for giving him a heart attack.

The hand left his mouth and arms, but he still pulled on Tango's wrist when he crouched down to the floor.

"We should be safe here."

"Safe?" Tango gave impulse an incredulous look. "We are in the back of a bar on the second story, while drunken idiots are fighting each other. What is your definition of safe?"

Impulse looked like he wanted to strangle someone, probably Tango. "We wouldn't be in this mess if you didn't make fun of that guys face."

"He started it!" Tango lifted his hands to emphasize, "He said that all nether-borns came here because hell was too good for those fuckers." Seriously, it wasn't his fault. Nobody talks shit about nether-borns if Tango has anything to do with it. They're the ones that can go to hell.

Impulse hung his head, "I swear, handling you is making me grow grey hair. Just try not to start a fight next time." Impulse looked tired, and there was something else wrong, but Tango was never good at reading body language.

"Okay, I'll at least try not to start any more drama, but no promises." Impulse gave him a tired smile. He really was tired. Impulse opened his arms, and Tango gave him a comforting hug. It was hard to do since both were squatting on the floor, but that didn't stop the brothers from having a reassuring second. They pulled apart after a second. They could cuddle later. Right now they had to get out of the bar. Hopefully alive.

"Okay, I think we can make a dash for it, just keep to the walls and avert eye contact, you got that." Impulse looked straight into Tango's eyes at the last part. He nodded his head slowly. Impulse always thought he was a child, yeah he was nineteen but he was a teen at least. Sheesh.

The duo got up an crept over to the wall. They trailed along the bar. They had to hide behind furniture when some fights got to close. Impulse was in the lead, while Tango followed. They were almost at the stairs, but Tango was father behind. The smell of alcohol plagued his senses. It started to make him dizzy. He just needed a second. He closed his eyes and concentrated on his breathing. When he opened them, the room swam in red. He started to panic. He then remembered he was wearing red tinted sunglasses. He could see Impulse at the top of the stairs.

He began sneaking his way but a hand grabbed him by his arm and yanked him backward. That wasn't his brothers touch. It was too hard, too rough, he shivered at the contact. He screamed for help, but someone punched him in his gut. He fell on his knees, clenching his stomach.

It hurt. He didn't want to get hurt. He din't want to feel pain. A hand grabbed his hair and pulled his head upwards. He saw a tall man in front of him. He had curly chestnut hair, with a hazel eye. The other swollen over.

Tango saw Impulse in the corner of his vision. He thought he saw him being tackled. He was distracted by a tip of a sword on his chin. He looked up at the smirking maniac. Tango scowled at him.

"Did you really fucking think you get out of here unscathed. I'll teach you not to talk shit about me." Oh. It's that guy. Mr. No-eye with horrible smile. This guy can't just give up, can he?

Though, this probably wasn't the time to make sick, in Tango's opinion, comebacks. There was a sword pointed at his throat. Wait. Now paying attention, the sword wasn't pressed against him. He let out a shaky breath. So the guy really didn't want to hurt a defenseless child. Mabey he got him wrong.

He scrapped all those ideas when he saw the man holding the sword up, ready to kill Tango. Fuck.

He started to panic. He tried to get up, but someone was holding his shoulders down. He screamed, but no one batted an eye to him.

He was going to die. He was alone. No one was coming. Why was he always alone.

His breathing became heavy. He looked everywhere but the man in front of him. He spotted Impulse to his left. He hoped his brother got out. He didn't want to be the reason one of his brothers are killed. No matter how much they argue, he loved his brothers. They all took care of each other. Even though Tango was the youngest, he would defend his brothers to the end. Which is possibly closer than he wants.

Many things happened in the next few seconds.

When the man started to swing down, the one behind let go of his arm. He didn't know why, but in the heat of the moment he raised his right arm to prevent a more lethal wound. The sword still cut pretty bad.

After the man swung, Tango let out a deafening screech. It wasn't a normal scream. It was so unbearable, everyone in the bar had to plug their ears. Except one.

There was one person who didn't reel in fear or disgust. That screech din't make him feel scared, it made him furious.

--

In that moment he let go. His instincts took over. Someone was hurting his family. He concentrated on the power within him. He felt water nearby. He could feel how the liquid would bend to his will, and his will was to protect. He pulled on the magic that bind him and his element.

One moment, there was a fight. The next, a non-human screech. After that, all the towns people nearby could see a man flung out a window by a current of water of a two story building.

A certain person in that crowd was only thinking, 'that is the worst thing that can happen'.