Don't mess with an angry territorial demon

Etho couldn't believe it. Well, he could. It was more of him not wanting to believe it.

You see, he was at the market getting some things his brothers and he needed, as much as they could afford, when he heard shouting and glass breaking coming from the local tavern.

The town his brothers and he were temporarily living in was pretty small, so when a very loud, and violent riot started, you can see how worked up the townspeople became.

And lucky for him, he just knew his brothers would be there. Trouble always seemed to follow them.

So, praying to every god and sage out there, he followed the growing crowd to the outskirts of town.

He stayed mostly in the shadows, but close enough he wouldn't be stared at.

Though, that was easier said than done. It was kinda hard to fit in when you wear a mask, and have tied up white hair covering one of your eyes.

Etho didn't mind the looks. They were mostly out of curiosity, and he would rather have poeple judging him than wanting him dead.

He continued his slow pace, weaving between pedestrians, trying to get to the front of the crowd.

If his two idiots of brothers do anything to blow their cover, he definitely wanted to have there backs. He was annoyed by them, a lot, but he would rather burn alive in lave then let them die.

Soon, they reached the bar.

The bar fight was your typical bar fight. Poeple being thrown out the windows and doors, loud shouting with colorful words, and the horrendous sound of breaking of bones and tearing of skin.

Etho couldn't say this was the first time he saw an awful fight, or been in one, but the sound of others in pain always made his body shiver. And not in the good way.

Lots of the townsfolk were spectating the fight, so much so, that they didn't notice the tall white haired boy snaking his way through. He was able to get five meters away from the bar.

He could see the bar more clearly. It was a two story spruce wooded building. There was a huge window on the Second floor, with tow slightly smaller windows on either side.

He was about to close the gap, but a firm hand landed on his shoulder. Etho whipped his head around to see a brunette with amber eyes in a knights outfit.

"Sorry lad, but no ones aloud inn. More guards are coming to stop the squabble," he warned Etho.

Now a normal person would apologize and return to the safety of the crowd, but Etho was already starting to get a headache and he didn't have time for a someone to tell him what he can and can not do.

He shrugged his hand off. "I get your trying to protect us, but my dumb brothers are in there and I need to get them out before something worse happens." He told the guard in a joking manner, but his words were laced with the unspoken threat if he didn't comply.

Either the gurad didn't get the memo, or decided to shrug it off, because he stepped in front of Etho. His brows were furrowed, and his mouth was straight. He was trying to show false bravado, but Etho had seen enough body languages to understand that the man was agitated.

"I'm sorry sir, but no one is going in there," he said matter of factly, "and please what can your brothers do that's worse than one of the most violent fights I've seen?" He chuckled at the end. Clearly amused by Etho's bold claim.

Etho stared into his orange eyes. He could sense the youthfulness him, the joking demeanor.

Etho could change that. He wouldn't be joking around if really knew what Etho was. And if he didn't get out of his way, then Etho was going to show him the hard way, the painful way.

The two had a silent staring contest. Neither letting up. They were both determined to get their way. But they both looked away when they heard a high pitched scream.

The solder dropped his sword, wich he was wielding, and covered his ears. Etho frantically looked around. Others were doing the same. Some pain or shock or fear plastered on their face.

Of course they were worried. That wasn't a human scream, or an animal squel. That was something different. Something worse. Something everyone should be scared of.

The scream didn't bother Etho. In the sense of him not needing to cover his ears, but his instincts screamed that something was wrong, that his family was being hurt. To kill whoever forced that scream, but he didn't even get a chance to comprehend all that was going on. The body flew out of the large second story window. It dripped to the ground, where it remained limp. A stream of water followed the body, it floated in the air for awhile, until it dispersed into droplets and fell.

The crowd had gone wild with panic. Many screaming and running away. How else would they react? They just witnessed a human being chucked out of building with the power of water that was bending against the laws of physics.

Only a few knew what that actual was though.

Etho did too.

That was magic. From a creature with power of Ocean. And if there was magic, that meant there was either a magic-weilder or magical creature. It also meant that this town was about to go phsyco mode on the poor soul.

And Etho was thinking, 'That is the worst thing that can happen.'