We both are different

"I am so, so sorry, really," the blond kept apologizing. The two had eventually gotten up, however embarrassing it was. Tango had started helping pick up the scattered books and papers that were flung over the place when they crashed.

"I said it was fine," Tango stated simply. He could barely keep up his nice demeanor with how much the boy was panicking. But Impulse told him to be more kind, so he might as well try. But this boy is really starting to get-

"Hey, what is this?" Tango asked him, holding up a beaten up book with the words, "A guide to chemical explosions 101", written on the top in black.

The boy instantly changed emotions. Going from shy need to excited need in record time. "Oh, that is a book I got from the Library. I wanted to try out some new experiments."

Tango quirked an eyebrow, now more intrigued. "What kind of experiments?"

"Oh, um," the boy began fumbling with his words, back to acting stress and panicky, "you wouldn't really like it. No one usually likes to talk about science with me.

Tango scoffed. The boy looked at him weirdly. Tango used his open hand to rest against the boy. He stared into the boy' shining amethysts eyes. "If there is one thing I like, it's science. And the only harm you'll be doing is not telling me."

The other blond beamed at Tango's words, but also taken aback, "It, um, th-the book is for, to tell you how to do explosions. I don't want to destroy anything if you think that! I ju-just-"

Tango shushed him before he could go on stammering and making excuses. "Listen, if there is one thing I love more than Science, it's explosions, so sign me up!" Tango was now vibrating with glee.

The boy smiled again, a bright joyful smile that seemed to fit the boy perfectly. "Really?"

Tango didn't hesitate, he nodded.

The boy seemed to catch that as his que. He grabbed Tango's wrist with his open hand and started speed walking in the direction Tango had just come from.

"Trust me, this will be great! I promise you- um,"

They both seemed to realize that neither knew each other's name.

"My name is Tango Tek," he started, being the extrovert of the two, "your's?"

The boy glanced back, still smiling, "Mines Zedaph Wither Rose."

--

Another explosion rattled the glass window, smearing grim and smoke on the walls. Luckily, the two blonds were watching on the other side of the experimentation room.

"That was so cool! Can we do it again?" Tango was bubbling with excitement and a maniac kind of anticipation. It was a bad idea to give him explosions and fire.

"Um..., " the other, Zedaph, also seemed to be enjoying the show, though Tango noticed how he would jump at the sudden loud sounds and look worriedly around the room afterwards. Almost as if he knew something tragic was going to happen. At the moment, he was looking at some papers on a clipboard, looking like he was deep in thought. "We already tried the experiments with oxygen, carbon dioxide, sodium, potassium, Caesium, Francium, Rubidium, and Lithium. That is all Alkali metals, I don't know if we have any left?"

Tango hummed in thought. He looked over at the small table, where notes, books, and other things littered it. He crossed over to the table and picked up the old leather book, the reason why he was exploding random things with a stranger in some basement.

"We could add Sulfur to Nitrogen, or maybe some Polonium?"

Zed nodded in approval. Tango was busy getting the chemicals on a poorly built shelf, when he heard footsteps on the stone brick stairs from the entrance. He jerked his head to the spruce door, dividing the experimentation room from the hallway.