13

It was a rainy morning in the Green Spark where the pub was closed once again. In one of the spare rooms of the building laid a bandaged-up Susie Glitter.

"Ahhh!" Susie's eyes shot wide open as she quickly rose up to a seating position. "Huh? What?" She examined the bandages that covered her left hand.

"It wasn't a dream?"

Surprisingly enough, her hand felt mostly fine. As if there wasn't a gaping hole there before.

*Creak*

Susie, jumped to the sound of the door creaking, as Quercus walked into the room.

"Are you okay?" She said in a soft tone. "You were out for a whole day. Your family was worried sick."

"..." Susie looked down to her lap. "I'm sorry...For not listening to you and running after Yuki."

"Don't worry about that right now." She smiled. "As long as you get better, that's all that matters."

"Okay...Did he tell you?"

"No. He seemed pretty distraught when he arrived back here with an unconscious you with a bloody bandaged hand. You're lucky that I can heal you with my arts." Quercus replied. "But he said he'll tell us once you wake up and are good enough to move around."

{ - Adventures Across Terra - }

Outside the front door of the Green Spark, was Yuki who was sitting on a wooden chair. He sat there staring into the rainy sky as the rain droplets fell upon him.

"I did it again...What a joke." He said quietly. "Haah...I was too careless...C'mon rain. You've always been the best at cheering me up."

Yuki's self-loathing was cut short by Quercus. "Yuki, she's up. Are you ready to tell us?"

The snake boy stayed quiet for a second before speaking. "Sure."

As they walked back into the pub, they all took a seat where Susie and Quercus were sitting beside each other and Yuki sat opposite of them. For what felt like an eternity they all sat there in silence. The only sounds that could be heard was the soft pitter patter of the rain on the windows.

"Y-Yuki...What was that...In the cave?" Susie finally broke the silence. She was still a little shaky around Yuki. "You weren't...You."

Quercus raised a brow to this revelation but chose to stay silent.

After hearing this, Yuki began to anxiously pat his tail for comfort but after taking a deep breath, he mustered up the courage to speak.

{ - Adventures Across Terra - }

Sargonian folktales tells a tale about a subrace of Pythia; The Bivirgatus. These Pythia are specialized hunters that are highly effective at hunting their prey of choice. What are their choice of prey? Other humans.

Many stories say that they will go into a feeding frenzy whenever they please. Succumbing to their primal desires and goes on a killing spree.

Bivirgatus individuals were often shunned into obscurity for such stories which only fuelled the rage hidden within their feeding frenzies, furthering the claims to astronomical lengths.

Witch hunts and raids brought the race's numbers plummeting, making them endangered across the Sargonian forests. Many left Sargon to find a new life, others lived as outcasts.

{ - Adventures Across terra - }

"But these stories are mostly true...I-" Yuki cut his speech as he looked down to the floor. "...I'll go now."