15

On the outskirts of the Caladon city boarder wandered four individuals. Those individuals being Susie, Quercus, W and Yuki. They all had their weapons in hand as they walked down the sparsely filled woodlands.

"Are we there yet? We've been walking for hours." Susie complained as she walked, using her arts staff as a walking stick.

"Almost there." W replied, not bothering to look back at the others. "Watch out for that snake." She points to the floor to a vibrantly coloured snake.

"Woah, almost stood on that one." Quercus nudged the colourful snake that laid a mere few centimetres from her foot with her foot, ushering it away into a nearby bush. "That wouldn't be a fun experience."

After a few more minutes of walking, they arrived at a lone wooden cabin in the woodlands. As they got closer to the cabin, they saw how aged the cabin was. Green moss and mouldy wood lined the exterior of the cabin.

W stopped at the front door of the cabin. "We're here."

"Huh? Isn't this just some old, abandoned cabin?" Susie had a confused expression on her face.

"Looks can be deceiving." W chuckled as she raised her hand to knock on the rotted door but before she could knock, her wrist was grabbed by Yuki.

Yuki who was mostly silent for most of the walk spoke up in a hushed tone. "W! Are you crazy!?"

"C'mon Yuki, just trust me this time." W let out an exasperated sigh.

"No. Why'd you bring us to a mercenary hideout?"

"Excuse me what?" Quercus glared at W.

"Relax, relax, just trust me." W yanked her wrist from Yuki's grasp.

"No I will not trust you. This is the worst place you could have brought us."

"You had all this time to stop me, but you chose to stop me now. You're already in to deep to stop now."

"But I-"

*Knock Knock Knock.*

Almost instantly the door to the rotted cabin opened, revealing a figure clad in a black hood.

"What is it?" The spoke in a hoarse voice.

"The clock strikes midnight." W replied.

"The dawn of a new day. Welcome, wandering mercenaries." The Hooded figure stood to the side, allowing the group inside of the cabin.

"C'mon they don't have all day to leave the door open." W ushers the group in.

Yuki let out an exasperated sigh. "You're gonna be the death of me."

The interior of the cabin was completely empty aside from a single table and chair in the centre of the room. On the floor, there was a sizable hole in the ground that a light seeping out. The group followed W as she walked into the hole in the ground.

"What is this place?" Susie looked on in wonder.

The underground area was completely empty. There were tables, chairs and a reception area where one person stood. W locked eyes with this receptionist and promptly began to make her way towards him.

"Well, if it isn't the infamous W." The receptionist said as he fiddled with a dagger. "What brings you to these parts? And who are they?" He motioned to the other three individuals who were standing behind W.

"She's GoldenGlow." Yuki points to Susie.

"Wh-" Susie was cut off by Yuki as he continued to speak.

"And she's Serval." Yuki pointed to Quercus.

A Journey Across Terraजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें