16

"You have one missed call." A robotic voice came from a telephone that sat on a desk in the middle of an apartment in a tall skyscraper.

"Bummer." A feminine voice came from the bed on the other side of the room. "What a time to nap eh?"

From the bed, a woman arose into a sitting position before stretching. Amidst her shortish grey hair, two tufts of black and teal feathers lined each side of her head, resembling a pair of wings.

The bed made a slight creaking sound as she got off of the bed to deal with the telephone on her desk. Her scaly black and teal tail wagged in the air as she let out an audible yawn.

"Maybe I should just go and meet up with him." She muttered to herself. "Oh well...Much better than playing hard to get."

{ - Adventures across Terra - }

It was evening when the group returned to the Green Spark.

"Ugh...My legs are killing me." Susie was using her staff as a walking stick as she plopped down onto one of the seats. "Ahh...The sweet release."

"Ahhh...I'm goin to bed." Yuki yawned as he walked up the stairs. "All this stress has been going to my mind..." Was the last thing that the girls heard before they heard doe door to Yuki's room shut.

"Quercus, Susie..." W looked at Susie who was T'd out on the chair. "Y'know...You can just stay there."

"Thanks..." Susie gave W a thumbs up.

"What is it W?" Quercus took a seat in front of W.

"So, basically-"

{ - Adventures Across Terra - }

It was the next morning and for Yuki, he was still in bed, sleeping his tiredness away.

*Creak*

The soft creak of the door to his room, echoed throughout the room. On the other side of the door stood W. As she tiptoed towards his bed, she let out a slight chuckle to herself as she saw the Snake boy, cradle his tail like a large pillow as he slept peacefully.

"Yuki~" The Sarkaz said in a soft tone. "Wake up." She lightly shook his shoulders.

"Mmmm...W, go bug that Ines girl. Didn't you say she was a morning girl or something." Yuki pulled the covers of his sheets over his head.

"No. She's no fun to mess with in the morning. Plus, she's not even here." W sighed as she tugged at his sheets. "C'mon, get up."

"Why?"

"Ugh, just get up." W's brows furrowed in annoyance as her grip on the bedsheets tightened.

"Fine..." Yuki relented as he got up. "Happy now."

"Yes. I am very happy now!" The Sarkaz girl gave him a toothy grin, revealing her fangs hidden within her mouth. "Now come on, hurry up." W rushed out of Yuki's room and down the stairs.

"Yes, I'm coming. Why'd you even wake me up so early in the morning?"

"Surprise!"

As Yuki arrived at the first floor of the pub, he was met with Susie, Quercus and W all standing side by side as they beckoned him to join them at the table.

"What's happening?" Yuki raised an eyebrow. "Y'know it's not my birthday, right?"

"You think we don't know that?" Quercus chuckled. "We just wanted to Thank you for everything you've done."

"Eh?" Yuki straightened up as he heard this. "Aww, you didn't have to do this. What have I even done to warrant such a celebration?"

"I've wanted to thank you for so long for helping me with my arts." Susie spoke up. "Even with how inexperienced I was, you stayed patient with me."