The Rise and Fall of The Dark Lord

The screen came back on causing everyone to quiet down.

Over 20 years had passed since that fateful night. After the night Tom Slytherin became a memory, he became what Albus Dumbledore had always feared. The rise of Dark Lord Voldemort took the Wizarding World by storm. Pureblood families left and right joined his cause, only his inner circle knowing the true reason as to why he became the monster everyone feared.

" Tom that isn't you,'' Carina said sadly, " Do not prove them right to avenge me.''

Tom shook his head at her words, " I would spend the rest of my life in Azkaban if met you and our child were safe.''

Dumbledore had finally gotten what he wanted, he proved to the world that Tom Riddle was indeed a monster. Now he could move to his plan keeping his position.  He spread rumors of a prophecy one that would tell a child who was able to defeat the Dark Lord and bring light and peace back to the Wizarding World.

On July 31st 1980, James Fleamont Potter welcomed his daughter to the world. Lily Evans never truly loved James, placing him under a love potion was the easiest way to help Dumbledore and in turn help herself. The muggle born witch left soon after their daughter was born. Leaving James to finally marry the love of his life Davina McGonagall. Dorea Davina Carina Potter was practically her father's twin even as a baby, though her eyes were as bright green as the killing curse.

" You gave him a love potion!'' Sirius yelled, outraged. James was practically his brother and to find out that the woman who had rejected him for years did this made him furious.

Lily quickly went to defend herself, " Clearly after I let him be happy, what is the big deal?''

" Miss Evans, a child born under a love potion is unable to love,'' Slughorn explained to, disappointed that one of his prized students would stoop to such a level.

James looked at his daughter worriedly, " Can you?'' he asked, concern clear of his feature.

" It's hard,'' Dorea admitted sadly before smiling, ' But Declan helps he is patient and doesn't push me. He's honestly the best boyfriend I could have asked for.''

"Boyfriend!'' James yelled in shock, is daughter shouldn't even be talking to boys let alone dating them.

Davina smiled happily at her daughters words and ignored her boyfriend's outburst, " I 'm glad you found someone who cares.''

" Why Carina?'' Orion asked curiously, why of all names would they chose his sisters.

Dorea smiled happily at him, " They're original reasoning was because of Sirius. The Black's have a tradition of naming their children after the stars. Sirius and my father were practically brothers, they wanted to honor that.''

" Thank you,'' Carina told the young couple.

From the minute she was born Dorea was daddy's girl. Her eyes grew with wonder whenever her father would walk into the room. Sirius and Remus were protective of the girl, James was their bestfriend and Davina was like a sister to both them.

On Halloween night in 1981, the Potter house was no different than any other day. James sat on the floor playing happily with daughter while Davina sat on the couch and watched with a fond smile.

" Why do I feel like something bad is going happen?'' Regulus asked, and Barty and Evan agreed the whole intro to the Potter family seemed to be leading up to something horrible.

" Jamie,'' Davina started, smiling as her daughter laughed, " She does have to sleep eventually.''

James frowned and pouted at his wife, " Come on, Vina,'' he whined, " Let her stay up.''

Davina was about to respond when they felt a shift in the wards of their home. James handed Dorea to his wife, " It's probably just Pads and Moony,'' he assured not thinking much of it.

The wards shifted again causing Davina to look at husband worriedly, " Jamie, I don't think it's Sirius and Remus.''

James agreed with her this time, if it was them the wards wouldn't be shifting this much, " Vina, take her and leave,'' he explained to her as he tried to remain calm. He knew if panicked the Dorea would start crying.

" What about you?'' Davina asked him quickly, " I'm not leaving you.''

" And I am not losing both you,'' he argued back angrily,  " I'll hold him off for as long as I can. But you and our little fawn need to go now.''

Many in the Great Hall were in tears, especially Minerva watching her daughter and granddaughter in such trouble and not being able to anything to stop it. Everyone knew James Potter as the fun loving prankster who lead the Marauders, he was captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, no had ever seen him like this.

Dorea had buried herself into her Declan's chest and began fiddling with his fingers, not wanting to see what had actually happened that night. She had spent months waking up in tears from hearing her mother scream.

James pushed towards the nursery hoping that he could protect them both. Davina was in tears as she kissed James for what could possibly be the last time, " I love you,'' she told him.

" I love you too,'' he replied before she hurried into the nursery.

Davina cried more as she saw a flash of green come from outside the nursery, " Mommy and Daddy love you so much,'' Davina told her daughter as she cried harder.

Voldemort finally arrived in the nursery and Davina quickly stood up and guarded her daughters crib.

" Move out of the way,'' he demanded, " Do not make me spill more blood than necessary.''

Davina refused to move, " Kill me, but leave my daughter alone.''

" As you wish,'' Voldemort told her, a flash covered the screen and all that could be heard was Davina's scream and Dorea cries for her parents.

James pulled his girls closer to him, he was alright with himself dying as long as his girls were safe. But Davina had passed to and now Dorea was alone with the man who had killed them.

Tom shook his head shamefully, " I'm so sorry,'' he said, shocking everyone from the 1940s, " I know that will not fix what has happened. But I am truly sorry.''

" It's not your fault,'' Dorea told him with a said smile, " You were grieving the loss of your wife and child. You were manipulated into becoming a monster.''