CHAPTER 3

Dressed in the carefully chosen outfit that Jennie had helped me pick, I bid a reluctant goodbye to my dear friend

Dressed in the carefully chosen outfit that Jennie had helped me pick, I bid a reluctant goodbye to my dear friend. Her support had given me the strength to face what lay ahead, but the uncertainty of the evening still weighed heavily on my mind.

With every step I took towards Sejun Restaurant, my heart raced a little faster. I arrived a bit early and found a quiet corner to wait for Eunwoo.

The soft lighting and elegant decor of the restaurant did little to ease my nerves.
Time seemed to stretch endlessly as I anxiously checked my phone, waiting for any sign of his arrival.
And then, just when I was starting to doubt if he would show up, I saw him approaching.

As Eunwoo and I settled down for our meal, I couldn't ignore the thick tension hanging in the air.
His eyes remained fixated on the delicate pendant gracing my neck, a tangible symbol of my connection to someone other than him.
His typically composed demeanor was unraveling under the weight of jealousy and possessiveness.

"Y/n, where did you get that necklace?" His voice, though barely above a whisper, dripped with anger.I hesitated for a moment, carefully choosing my words.

"Oh, this? It's just a gift from a friend, Eunwoo. You don't need to worry about it"His jaw clenched, his grip on the cutlery growing tighter.

"A friend, huh? You know how I feel about you spending time with other guys, especially when I'm not around."
A knot formed in my stomach. I'd witnessed Eunwoo's possessive side before, but tonight, it felt more intense than ever.

I attempted to defuse the situation. "Eunwoo, please, let's not ruin this evening. It's supposed to be special."
But he couldn't let it go. His jealousy consumed him, and he raised his voice, drawing the attention of other diners.

"Special, huh? You're wearing another guy's gift, Y/n! Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?"Tears welled up in my eyes, but I fought to maintain my composure.

"Eunwoo, please, I—"Before I could finish my sentence, Eunwoo abruptly stood up, his chair scraping loudly against the floor. He grabbed my arm and forcefully pressed me against the wall, his grip unrelenting.The situation was spiraling out of control, and just as

Eunwoo was about to leave a visible mark on my neck, the restaurant's entrance swung open, and in walked Jungkook and Yeri, who had decided to leave together after dinner.

Jungkook's gaze immediately locked onto me and Eunwoo. He sensed that something was terribly wrong. Yeri, too, felt a sense of unease as she observed the intense confrontation.

Despite my distress, I had mastered the art of concealing my pain. I quickly composed myself, my tearful eyes now a mask of composure.

But Jungkook, who had been observing me closely throughout the evening, couldn't be easily deceived.
The situation was fraught with tension, and Eunwoo and I reluctantly rejoined the others at the table, pretending that nothing had occurred.