CHAPTER 12

Lying down on the small, worn-out bed in the dorm, I closed my eyes, trying to find some respite from the turmoil of my life

Lying down on the small, worn-out bed in the dorm, I closed my eyes, trying to find some respite from the turmoil of my life. As I drifted into a light slumber, memories of the past began to flood my mind.

I was transported back to a time when life was simpler, back in high school. Jennie and I were hanging out with a boy in a peaceful park. We were discussing the latest K-pop idol groups and the excitement of new album releases.

Under the shade of a tall oak tree in the park, our high school days were carefree, and our conversations were full of enthusiasm. As we sat in a circle, the warm breeze rustling through the leaves, the conversation shifted to our shared love for K-pop.

Jennie, her eyes sparkling with excitement, said, "Have you guys heard the latest EXO album? It's incredible! They just keep getting better and better."

The boy, with a smile, replied, "Oh, definitely! But you know, I'm still a hardcore EXO fan. Their vocals are unbeatable."

I chimed in, "True, true. But don't forget about KARD. Their unique concepts and catchy songs are always a hit."

We went on to discuss our favorite songs, choreographies, and memorable music videos. It was a bonding moment that solidified our friendship. Little did we know that our lives would take such different paths

Our conversation flowed effortlessly, filled with laughter and camaraderie, as we shared our dreams and aspirations. But then, as if from nowhere, a gunshot pierced the tranquility of the park. Time slowed as I watched in horror, the boy who had been our dear friend lay lifeless on the ground, a pool of crimson slowly forming around him.

I felled down on my knees infront of him.The memory was vivid, and it shook me to my core. I awoke from my sleep with a jolt, gasping for air, my body drenched in sweat. The painful recollection of that fateful day as a high schooler still haunted me, a wound that refused to heal, a burden that I carried with me into this new chapter of my life.

The dim light in my dorm room flickered as I stared at the old wall clock. It was well past midnight. The memory of the gunshot still lingered in my mind, and the room seemed colder, darker than ever. A sense of isolation swept over me, but I knew I had to gather myself.

With a heavy sigh, I pushed myself up and glanced around the messy room. The small bathroom in the corner beckoned, and I decided to freshen up. I needed to prepare for my new life in this unforgiving world of underground boxing.

The cold water shocked my system as I washed my face. I couldn't let my past continue to haunt me, not in a place like this. I needed to become a fighter, both inside and out.

After finishing up in the bathroom, I turned my attention to the tattered photo frame on the side table. It displayed a happy memory, a stark contrast to the life I now found myself in. I gently touched Jennie's face in the picture, as if seeking her guidance.