The teachings

A Kalnazaar's might is bound to the prowess of her chosen Mirsa. In the hallowed tradition of their land, prospective Mirsas strove in a grueling contest of valor and skill, where for seven days, men waged fierce battles. Only the victor, a man of unyielding strength, unfaltering skill, and unwavering valor, earned the privilege of standing by her side. 

There were rare circumstances, however, when the white rose, a sentient entity of grace, deemed a Mirsa's destiny beyond the borders of the Kalnazaar's homeland. The white rose spoke to her heart, sharing visions that guided the identity. It would only ignite when the chosen Mirsa crossed the enigmatic Lyvian fog that blanketed the hub of their world, marking the destined union.

When these two souls, Kalnazaar and Mirsa, came together in unison, their bond transcended the mundane. The Taijitu, the ancient symbol of balance and harmony, etched upon their very beings, glowed with an incandescent brilliance. In this profound union, the Kalnazaar's power reaches its zenith, a force that would brook no defiance. 

                                                                                                                    Chapter 3, Page 43 of the Book of Kir 

****

As Danielle stepped onto the foreign soil of the land of the common man, her eyes sought out Min-Ho, the faithful father figure who had waited beyond the portal. With his help, she emerged from the mystical gateway. He had been informed She wasted no time in inquiring.

"Have they all arrived?"

He responded with a nod. "Yes, My princess. All of them that fit the description."

"There wasn't much of a description." A gentle smile graced Danielle's lips as she considered the one she had provided. It had been a mere glimpse, a retreating figure in a white cloak, delicate and bearing the mark on the left hand—a tattoo, she had later learned.

"How many?" she queried.

"About 30 men, we had to invite some women too, otherwise eyebrows would have been raised."

Danielle nodded in understanding. It had become a routine deception, the pretext they employed to gather those who would be tested and, if destiny willed, chosen.

"And what did you tell them this time?"

"Same as always, casting for a small budget film. It's always a believable trope. Right now there is a small welcome party."

Danielle swiftly made her way to the designated gathering area, where the candidates were assembled. As she stood on a platform, overlooking a grand staircase, her gaze swept over the guests. Her attention was captivated by one figure, standing still amidst the crowd, dressed in an all-black hanbok.

She shivered.

 A servant of darkness, a Reftis, bearing her own image. 

The common man, those without the Kalnazaar's unique perceptions, would remain oblivious to this doppelganger. It would roam among them in plain sight.

Instinctively, she glanced across the room and spotted another figure, a lady in a suit, whose gaze was unwaveringly fixed upon the mysterious mirage. It didn't take long for the spectral duplicate to begin moving, gliding towards a corridor, and the lady in the suit followed in pursuit.

In the presence of a Kalnazaar, a Mirsa shared certain abilities.

 And in this moment, as disbelief tugged at her, Danielle was confronted with a stark reality that defied all expectations.

"This can't be," she whispered, her voice laced with astonishment and trepidation. "It's a girl."

****

Haerin watched with unblinking eyes as Danielle Marsh gazed upon her. Danielle's eyes, darker than the hanbok she wore, remained locked on her, her visage transfixed by the uncanny figure before her. 

When her target began moving toward a dimly lit corridor, Haerin's instincts took over, propelling her forward. This could be chance for her to have a conversation, start a 'friendship'.

She followed quickly, opening the door closed behind Danielle, emerging into a stark, white hallway that branched into several rooms. That was fast.

Before she could grasp her surroundings, a hand landed heavily on her shoulder, sending an immediate chill racing down her spine. Soul-wrenching pain coursed through her body, her breath arrested, eyes widening in agony. Her entire being was aflame with torment as she was flung to a wall.

There, standing before her, was a grotesque entity. Its visage was hidden behind a warrior's face mask, an imposing and archaic piece of armor adorned its spectral form. Its skin bore the unmistakable pallor of the deceased, a haunting semblance of life.

The nightmarish creature advanced toward her with deliberate steps. Haerin's lungs felt starved of air with each step, every second a torturous gasp. 

And then, Danielle Marsh reappeared, her attire different this time, a white and teal hanbok. With a wave of her hand and incantations that resonated with power, she compelled the malevolent being to emit an agonized squeal before dissipating into dark, vanishing rays.

Danielle hurried to Haerin's side, offering assistance as she spoke urgently, "Stand up. We have to go."

Despite the lingering weakness that gnawed at her limbs, Haerin knew the pressing need for escape. She accepted the help, and together they made their way toward the ocean, their destination a waiting boat. 

Suddenly, Haerin came to a halt, her resolve taking hold. She retrieved a handgun from her concealed arsenal and leveled it at Danielle. 

"Stop," she demanded, the gun pointed unwaveringly at Danielle, who met her gaze with an unwavering calm, as though the firearm held no dominion over her. "What was that thing back there? One of your experiments? Where is your father?"

Haerin observed the regal demeanor of her counterpart, a stoic composure that seemed to undermine the lethal threat of the shotgun. The haunting cries she had heard when the creature had touched her still resonated in her ears, they seemed to be coming.

With the pressure mounting, Haerin cocked the gun, her voice hardening. "I swear I'll blow a bullet through your skull if you don't speak."

Danielle finally relented with a sigh. "Look, I'll explain everything, but only once we are out of here. Those things you are hearing now, they don't fear bullets. They'll annihilate you in a second."

Haerin, remained resolute, her aim unwavering. But they had to go, she didn't want a second encounter. "Fine. But remember, if anything happens, you die."

With a graceful lift of her hanbok's hem, Danielle clambered onto the jetboat. Her demeanor held a hint of adorable befuddlement as she moved about, her brows furrowed in a cute display of confusion. She didn't know how to operate the boat.

Haerin followed into the boat.

"Step aside," she instructed Danielle, her voice carrying the weight of experience. She knew the inner workings of the boat, and it was time to get them out of the island.