Chapter 5

A/n: This is where after the kids were beating Ao'nung's ass, cuz fuck me I got nothing to work with.

(Y/n's POV)

Today I was kinda of enjoying myself I was just swimming outside the reef, I know it was dangerous, but I couldn't help it, I just wanted to be away from everyone for now.

Rina and the adults didn't let me or any of the kids here since it was filled with predators, but I just couldn't help it, I needed peace.

I was just underwater trying to ease the thought of that thing I keep seeing in my dreams.

Then all of a sudden a familiar sound caught my ears.

I turned around and saw an Ilu swimming in my direction, it looked scared.

I tried to stop it and calm it down since I noticed it didn't have a rider, but it was so scared of whatever it saw it just swam past and I got pushed back by the force, not too far or painful but it had some force.

Once I was able to get myself back afloat I noticed blood trailing behind it and saw it had no tail.

I panicked and swam following the fading trail of the blood.

As I got closer I heard a faint sound of banging, only getting louder and louder.

I finally reached it, my eyes went wide as I saw an Akula trying to break a rock, as if something was in it.

I went around the opposite side of the rock and saw the son of Jake Sully, Lo'ak I think was his name.

I saw he was struggling to find a way out so I knew I had to take a risk.

I formed a water trident with the surrounding water and threw it at the Akula.

It turned back into normal water as it hit the Akula but not before making its head jerk to the side a bit from the force and a small trail of blood along with it.

(I know the Mermaids can't probably do that, but sorry I couldn't think of a way to get its attention T_T)

It turned to me and started swimming towards me, and I started swimming away but making sure to now swim too fast and far so its attention wouldn't go back to Lo'ak.

As I swam and decided I kept it away long enough, I hid behind a rock and turned myself invisible allowing it to swim past me.

Holding my powers I quietly swam away trying to see if Lo'ak was able to make it out of there.

I started to swim faster when I saw Lo'ak's body under the water, not moving and slowly descending to the bottom.

I started to drag him to the surface to get some air, but due to his larger body, I was struggling deeply using all the strength in my tail.

Panic returned to my body as I saw the Akula quickly swimming towards us.

I started to flap my tail much harder, but it was no use, the Akula opened its mouth, and I closed my eyes and hugged Lo'ak's unconscious body, using my body to shield him, even though it was gonna change nothing probably.

Waiting for the Akula to eat us, but it never came, instead I heard it screeching and small thuds.

I opened my eyes and saw a Tulkun choking it as the Akula tried to free itself, I could only watch in shock.

Soon the Akula drops dead at the ocean surface with a thud.

It now turned its attention to me and helped get me and Lo'ak to the surface.

Once the 3 of us were at the top, I used my power to create solidified water to pick up Lo'ak at put him on the Tulkun's back.

I then went to the Tulkun and thanked it.

The Tulkun made a sound that meant "You're welcome"

I smiled slightly, nodded, went on its fin, and waited until I had my legs.

Then joined Lo'ak's still-unconscious body.

Not realizing there was another presence in that ocean the entire time