First flight

Asteria Targaryen

High Tide, Driftmark: 116 AC

Asteria knew that without a doubt, she loved her father with every fiber of her tiny body. She didn't remember James Potter much, but she still loved him.

But Daemon was right there, full of love and life and warmth.

She adored Dahlia as well. Her adoptive mother was just perfect and wonderful and Asteria loved her too.

"Kepa!" she called, racing over to her father. Daemon smiled and picked her up, holding her close.

"Hello my little dragon." Daemon cooed, touching his forehead against hers. "How was your embroidery lessons with Queen Alicent?"

"Boring. Can I not go? Dahlia teaches me more important things." Asteria asked, using her puppy dog eyes.

"And what 'important things' does Dahlia teach you?" Daemon asked. "Weaving and sewing." Asteria declared, puffing up her tiny chest. "She says it's more practical and I can make my own clothes!"

And she had already learned embroidery in her past life. But no one needed to know that little fact.

"Very well." Daemon said, walking over to a window where Laenor and Rhaenyra were talking on the beach. "Is Rhae marrying Laenor?" she asked, resting her body against his.

She had learned very quickly of her new family and its traditions. Daemon had told her all about Valyria and their people's traditions.

"Yes." her father said, sounding heart broken. Asteria sent a wave of calming magic to her father. "Can we see Selarion and Caraxes?" she asked.

Her father nodded, heading for the stretch of beach where the dragons resided. Selarion bounded over and Asteria squealed, reaching out for her dragon.

Selarion carefully bumped her forehead against her tiny hand. It's good to see you again! the Crimson Queen said down their bond.

At thirty years old, Selarion was full grown and gorgeous. She had crimson red scales, silver horns, spines, eyes, claws, chest and belly scales, dark crimson red wing membranes, and crimson red and silver flames.

Daemon set her down, heading over to Caraxes. 

With his back turned, she scrambled up Selarion's offered wing, settling in-between the her spines and grabbing one of them, her little hands not even able to hold it all.

Sōvegon. she urged down their bond. About time. Selarion responded, spreading her wings and kicking off into the sky.

"Asteria!" she heard her father yell in panic. She turned around and waved before hastily casting a few spells that would prevent her from falling.

After her little stunt, she was grounded for three days and confined to her rooms.

Worth it. she thought down her bond with Selarion.

Absolutely. the Crimson Queen agreed.

And Asteria is causing chaos already!