Lady Laena

Asteria Targaryen

High Tide, Driftmark Island: 117 AC

"You're going to marry Lady Laena?" Asteria asked with a frown. "Yes." Daemon asnwered.

"I like her." Asteria declared, smiling. She truly did—Laena was kind and gentle but fiery and protective, stubborn but patient. She would be a good match to her father.

Daemon smiled softly at her, ruffling her hair. She squealed in protest but she was smiling.

The wedding to place on High Tide with the King's blessing, with only the royal family (minus Alicent) attending. 

Asteria was the flower girl and she wore that job with pride.

Aegon, Helaena, Aemond, and Jace were also in attendance. The three children of Viserys and Alicent had been placed into the care of Rhaenyra and Viserys after Alicent's abuse was discovered.

(Asteria may or may not have cursed Alicent to never be happy so long as she Queen, the title she should have never gotten but had in the height of her hubris. As long as Alicent was Queen, she would never know people.)

"Ria." she heard Laena call and she looked up from her book. "Yes Lady Laena?"

"Just Laena." Laena said, walking round the corner. "Now, how do you feel about going on an adventure?"

"To Essos?" Asteria asked hopefully. She had been planning to visit the continent when she was older.

As the daughter of the second son, and a dragonrider, Asteria could travel where she wished. And she was determined to make use of that.

"Yes." her new stepmother answered with a bright grin.

"When do we leave?" the reincarnated witch inquired.

"By the next moon."

Hey. Short chapter because I'm still really tired from my surgery.