Baby sisters

Asteria Targaryen

Beach, Pentos: 118 AC

Asteria headed down to the beach, approaching Caraxes, Vhagar, and Selarion. Laena had gone into labour, and she was determined to get her new sisters eggs.

"Hello." she greeted her dragons. Selarion trilled and gently nudged her and she petted Solaria in return. "Can I see your eggs?"

Selarion had laid eggs recently, and the dragon opened her wings to reveal the two eggs. One was pale green with pearly white streaks, and the other was a turquoise and black. "Thank you girl." Asteria cooed, picking up the eggs.

She headed back to the manse her father had purchased, following her gut instinct to go to the nursery. There, she found Laena and Daemon standing over two cradles, looking proud.

"I brought eggs for my baby sisters." Asteria declared, signaling her presence. Her kepa and new step mother turned around, smiling. "Thank you... daughter." Laena said. Asteria smiled at her and nodded. "This is Baela." she gestured to one cradle. "And this is Rhaena." she pointed to the other.

"Are these from Selarion?" Daemon asked. "Yes. I don't know the sire but I think its the Cannibal."

"Of all dragons for Selarion to choose..." Daemon muttered but gestured for her place the eggs. She put the pale green and pearly white egg in Baela's cradle, and the turquoise and black egg in Rhaena's.

Two moons later, Baela's egg hatched and they all agreed to let the hatchling go unnamed until Baela was old enough. After all, it was Baela's dragon—and Baela had the right to name her dragon.

Rhaena's egg didn't hatch, but Asteria wasn't worried. That just meant that Rhaena's dragon was alive, and waiting for her.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.