Plotting

Asteria Targaryen

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island: 126 AC

It turned out that killing the entirety of House Hightower was harder than she thought.

First, Asteria had to use a method that would give the Blacks plausible deniability. Second, she needed all the Hightowers in one place at one time. Third, she needed to make sure she got all of them. And fourth, she needed to get their cronies as well.

She had several plague related spells on hand to use, but they were dangerous and the least dangerous one she had needed to have all of her targets in a single place to work.

She also would have to hit several of her allies with it as well.

God dammit, why was killing all of her family's worst enemies so hard?

I'm sounding like a psychopath, aren't I? Asteria mused softly.

Yes. Selarion told her through their powerful bond and Asteria gave the equivalent of a mental shrug.

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island: 126 AC

Daemon and Rhaenyra were wed in a private, family only, ceremony in the tradition of the Fourteen Flames.

It was also around this time Asteria realized she would need a few Ladies in Waiting. Not a lot, she was only the daughter of the second son and far away from the Iron Throne, but she was still a princess.

She would ask Rhaenyra and Rhaenys for advice, she decided.

Right now, she would enjoy being with her family, which was so much bigger than what she had had as the Girl Who Lived. A family that loved her and supported her unconditionally, a father that loved and protected her, siblings that adored her.

Yes, this was her family.

The House of the Dragon.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.