Chapter Thirty Seven: Industrial Era

37. Industrial Era

10-07-2023

A/N: College is really racking up the assignments, so I'm seriously trying to finish writing these chapters to make sure you guys get them lol.

Q: Since it's October, are you watching any of the new/continuing Fall anime? I started a couple good ones!

-----

"Senku, (Y/N), Gen! Your grand ol' plan to convert the Tsukasa Empire over to your side using the songstress is not a bad idea! However, the most important part, the likeness to your fake Lillian, is a fifty-five percent!"

Nikki was in the middle of criticizing Gen's Lillian Weinberg impression, when she had given it the worst rating you could possibly imagine.

"That's some harsh grading!" The mentalist cried out with fear, sweat dripping down his temples.

You spoke up, "Considering she is a Lillian stan, we better take her opinion to heart."

"Yeah, just leave it to me and I'll toughen you out to make sure that no one will be able to see through your facade!" She happily declared.

Senku grinned confidently, pumping his fist with joy. "That'd be great!"

"Great for you guys! I've got a really bad feeling about this..." the mentalist whined as he swayed his head left and right.

"Now that I'm on your side, that problem is solved," Nikki said. Suddenly, her tone had lowered as she began explaining, "However, the only problem left is Ukyo. If we keep broadcasting the song over and over, it's eventually gonna come around to Ukyo and his ears. If he does hear it, I'm skeptical whether it'll be able to fool him or not, even if being played over a phone."

You and Senku then looked at Gen for explanation. "Ukyo?"

"Ukyo-chan was in charge of operating a sonar for a submarine, so his ears are extremely sensitive and attuned. And right now...that very person is being occupied dealing with Chrome-chan and Magma-chan..." The man told you both.

You sighed in worry. "I hope they manage to make it through him safely..."

You suddenly heard Taiju piping up, as if he had gotten an idea, "Ah! So we can't go playing the song over and over, roght? Let's just not play it a bunch!"

"Ah, I suppose if we don't play it to one person at a time and instead, we wait for Ukyo to be distracted and get everyone together all at once...it could work!" Yuzuriha agreed.

Nikki then laughed. "Taiju, you're pretty simple-minded and optimistic, aren't ya? My kinda man! Anyways, let's get this vocal training started! We need that likeness to be as close to one hundred percent as possible!"

"Oh boy..." The mentalist looked as though he wasn't prepared for what was going to come.

~~~

"Ohhhh boyyyy..." said the mentalist as he flopped down on the floor, clinging to his throat.

You and Senku just had sweat dripping down your temples as you watched the soul of his vocal cords leave his body. You weren't exactly there the entire time, for you were helping out with getting water for him, as well as helping the scientist make some remedies for the mentalist's throat. It's not like you were going to sit in a room for hours listening to Gen and Nikki talk.

"Nikki really did you in, huh, Gen?" You nervously asked him as you lightly patted his back.

"Considering that we need this plan to work, she has to push him for results," said Senku.