13- Identity

I rush to the hospital where my best friend, Claire was already present.

Claire looked at me with tearful eyes, her lips shuddered as she calls out my name, "Lisha...Ron he..."

"Ron will be fine...please don't worry!!" I pat on her shoulder in assurance.

"No Lisha you don't understand...! He's in danger!!! He has barely escaped, its only a matter of time since they find him!!"

"Who? Who are you talking about?"

Before she can say anything the police comes up to us for questioning.

"Are you acquainted with Ron Fez?" The officer asks.

"Yes"

"When was the last time you spoke with him?"

As Claire answers the question, I decide to go inside and see Ron.

Ron had his head covered in bandages as he laid on the bed. Realising that I was there, he tried to get up.

"Please...no need to..." I stop him and take a seat beside the bed.

"How are you, Ron...?"

"I am fine...my head's just...Ah..."he groans.

"What happened...??"

"I got hit in the head...the bastard was about to kill me but some passerbys screamed and alerted the police it seems, so I escaped by a close call. But unfortunately one of the guys who used to work for me, Samir...He was found dead."

"De-dead?" I gasp.

"Yes...I have something to tell you Lisha...Where...where did you find this guy???"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Mikhail Ivanov...How did you meet him...?"

I gulp down a lump in my throat, unable to answer hos question.

"That man...he's dangerous."

"Ron...please tell me what happened! I beg of you!!"

"Alright...I was investigating him as per your words. Particularly Samir, one of my very trusted hackers, was tracing him down. But then, Samir went missing around the afternoon after he had gone for a short smoke break. I couldn't reach him anymore. I tried calling him multiple times to no avail. And when I tried for the final time, it was finally picked up, but the voice from the other side of the phone was not Samir's. And what he said next sent shivers down my spine..."

I saw Ron shaking as he remembers all of it.

"If I catch you, I kill you. Just like your dear friend here." He said as I heard Samir's scream across the phone.

"What are you doing, you bastard!??? Where is Samir?? What did you do to him?" I screamed in the phone.

"Do you wanna know? Then come out of your building, we are waiting at the back of the alley..."

I immediately rushed out without thinking, and reached the back alley.

Over there I saw it.

A blood-curling sight.

Ron's lifeless body lied in a pool of blood, his tongue cut off his eyes gauged out.

And standing over there were men in black suits...

Among the men was a tall man with Ron's phone in his hand. He looked up at me with his sea-green eyes, and smirked.

"You're late. Your friend is already gone."

My One Night Stand With The Mafia Bossजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें