19- The call

"What was the name of the school and the town??"

"Why are you asking me as if you don't remember? It was Arora middle school at XX town"

I have never been to that school or that town...

Could it be...

This was the same school and the town I used to live in before losing my memory??

My hands tremble as I type the next sentence.

"Let's meet"

"Meet? Uh I am in Japan lol"

"Oh"

"But I will be there in May-June probably. I'll hit you up then"

"Yeah, sure!!"

"BTW what about Keith, Haley or Mike?? I tried calling you guys many times during these years but none of you ever picked up. At first, I thought it was a cruel prank, but days turned to years. Then after a while, I started searching on social media but of course no luck. And then got busy with school and abruptly forgot about you guys."

"You wouldn't have found me on any social media, I didn't have an account until very recently"

"Whoa for real? Why tho?"

"Uh strict parents..."

"Haha! Yeah your parents were crazy, but since when did you start obeying them like a good kid?"

I couldn't reply.

I had no idea, about what kind of a person I was before losing my memory.

"So what about the others? When I return, let's all meet up!!

I couldn't reply again.

How can I reply to someone I remember nothing about.

Nor do I remember any of the people he is talking about.

Just then Dr Kim enters with a two cups of coffee.

She places one before me and one before herself.

Then noticing my troubled demeanor, she asks, "What's wrong?"

I show her the texts, I had just received.

After reading them carefully, she says, "Speak with him over call"

"Huh? But I don't know anything about him. I can't even recognise his name"

"I understand. But speaking with him over the call would be easier for you to understand. We need to figure out if we can trust him or not"

"I see...but what should I say?"

Dr Kim explains her plan to me.

I would be talking to Ray on speaker and first ask him as many questions as possible to figure out any clues from my past. Also if he is able to answer all of the questions clearly, that would mean, he was someone close to me and we can trust him for the time being.

"A nostalgic person ends up speaking a lot. Let's try to use that to our advantage"

"Let's speak over call, if you are free" I text him.

"Yeah! Sure!" He replies.

And soon enough my phone rings.

I hit recieve and put him on speaker, as Dr Kim listens to it all keenly.

"Hey Lisha, its me Ray!"

"Hey Hi, how are you doing?"

"I'm good. Its nice to hear your voice after so long. I had almost forgotten you guys. So what have you been upto?"